Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2014 Prospector Split Review
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
Did u go down dead dog? Thats the only coolie I really know up there. I love G&T.
I did the North West Couloir aka the Tuning Forks yesterday. I've done Dead Dog four times and I have been meaning to do the NW Couloir for awhile now. The Tuning Forks looked great from Grizzly last Saturday, so I figured it was time to get after it. I was able to ride right off the Summit which was great. A ton of vertical on that one too. 2500 maybe more? I need to look. It is 600-800 vertical longer than Dead Dog, so you get a lot of bang for your buck. IMO though Dead Dog is the better line. There is just something about that one.

The last major line for me to do off of Torrey's is Emperor. The line looks very steep on top and then snakes down the North face to Grizzly Creek. Looks nice, but I still think Dead Dog is the trophy line from Torreys. It is definitely one of my favorite fourteeners to play on in the spring.

I am currently going through my photos. I only shot 727, fml...

I did shoot video too, I actually think I'll have a good edit out of it. It was just from my helmet. I seriously didn't feel like holding the stick cam for that long of a drop.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote