Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - my DIY swallow tail burton supermodel 172
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 01:49 AM   #118 (permalink)
wernersl

Ok...Starting the drawing and measuring now. First, a couple shots of the canvas (I didnt bother to light these any better than the ambient crap inside my house, so take reflections and color representation with a grain of salt). As you can see she is in need of some love. Im thinking a good stripping of the topsheet and a bothersome plain matte black finish will accurately describe this bitch's temperament! All in all $65 shipped to the door I aint complainin.

Kind of what Im envisioning here. You can see the carbon stringers under the topsheet here. Avoiding those as Im sure a cut into them would really affect the ride.

another of the carbon section...

Now here is what I have drawn up. yup, its a file folder. I was originally going to freehand it on the board, hence the lines of tape going everywhere. Then I realized if i just found center line, the natural fold of the folder could follow center and I could freehand that, making mistakes easily correctable.

My question for you ETM, or anyone else for that matter, In the first pic I am leaving about 4 inches from the last binding insert for the cut. The second shot below shows 5 inches. What would you recommend? Im kind of fond of the 4 inch mark but wonder if I should leave additional length on the tail of the board. In either case I am beyond the contact point of the tail. In fact the tail begins to rise at the upper horizontal piece of tape. I have a good 15 inches to work with from the last binding insert to the tip of the tail. Any input you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by wernersl; 06-04-2013 at 01:51 AM.
wernersl is offline   Reply With Quote