Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Today I Love Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 01:32 PM   #219 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by backstop13 View Post
Badass. Did you get any footage from your drift?

I'm intrigued about kiteboarding...what kind of sustained winds you need for that?
No filming yet. Still got a rented helmet, I'll wait till my own finally arrives. Like with snowboarding, the gear is rather suited for guys than for girls. Nothing in stock that fits me...

Depends on the size and type of your kite, the board, and your weight it's much more complicated to get the right gear than with snowboarding You need at least two, better three kite sizes to get the best out of the wind range.
I've seen guys about 190lbs with 17m2 delta kites having a great time at 3bft. I'd have flown right over the ocean with such a huge sail Lighter ones took 15m2 and girls my weightclass 10m2.
While exercising, hubby had the same 8m2 as me at 4bft. He had a good time, well, I also had a great time but was liftet out of the water if not careful. Some lbs more or less make a big difference. This kites have unbelievable power. It's fascinating! Try it if you have a school close by!

The average human has one breast and one testicle ~ Des McHale
neni is offline   Reply With Quote