Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Never Summer SL 158 & 155, Legacy 159
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 04:40 PM
Deacon
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan_darsh View Post
i have a 158, i weighed 175-180 at the end of the season, and it seemed like i could weigh way more and still be fine on the board. it almost seemed too big at first, but i was riding on a smaller mountain with narrow trails/trees, and i was used to a park board. the effective edge is pretty long for the overall length of the board, so i think you'll be fine there. the only thing i would worry about is the torsional flex in the middle of the board. if you're not railing carves going mach speeds, i think you'll be totally fine on it. it's definitely not too flexy overall, and the carbon outside the bindings makes it pretty stable, so i don't think your nose or tail are gonna be too sloppy on you.

don't take my word only though, just offering my limited advice as i have the board.
Well, I'm coming from am '07 K2 Union 164w, full camber park board, way too big. I was thinking of the 161 SL, and I can't believe 3cm is really going to make that much difference. It's still going to be light years ahead of what I ride now... which i get up to 50mph on my gps (which I know everyone hates, but it's a relative number).

Epic, gimme a couple days, let me mull it over, and if you still have it, I'll PM you.

Riding this season...

2015 The Rat
2007 The Experience