Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Calgary area Camping/Hiking thread
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Justin
Veteran Member

Do valley of the 10 peaks, its where i take never evers. You don't have to go up to the pass you can just hike up to the meadow and the little lake up there. If i am with in shape ppl we make it up to the meadow in about 45 min, when i go with people who don't hike who visit from ontario it takes about 1.5. Just go slow take lots of breaks, its pretty much just switch backs to get above the tree line then it is relativly flat. The only thing i would say to that is maybe call to see if there is a ton of snow up there still. Make sure you tell them you are not going up the pass just to the meadow.

For back country a good place to start to keep the girl friend happy is to join the alpine club of canada and stay in back country huts. They are all over the place and are well equiped and super cheap. Just bring food and a sleeping bag and everything else is there. A super easy one is Elk Lakes hut, you start in kananaskis and hike into BC. There are also some high alpine ones that are harder to get to but unreal. Look up the Asulkin Hut (good place to split board as well).

Also take your girl to see Dr. Fisher at Intergrated Health downtown Calgary. He will get her fixed up.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote