Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Calgary area Camping/Hiking thread
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 09:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Thanks for the tips guys!

Yeah I was looking at those Alpine huts. One of them is perched on top of a cliff, that's my goal for one of these years, to make it to that cabin! We're going to take a rock climbing course so we're better equipped even if all we do is scrambling at the most.

I'll bring her to the Doc you suggested. She's been doing physio once a week in Airdrie, but not really getting better or worse. She's a relatively healthy 30 year old, so no reason she can't get 100% better and start really enjoying life again.

Is the trail you mentioned called "Consolation Lakes" on this site?

Parks Canada - Banff National Park - Hiking Trails in the Lake Louise & Moraine Lake Area

It shouldn't be too busy at this time of year eh? I remember seeing something a week or so ago about alpine snowpack being about 1.5m thicker than normal. Dunno if that means the meadow will still be under snow? Also are their bear restrictions at this time of year? I know I know, all answers that can be found by my friend google...

Thanks again!

BTW the loop we did in Algonquin (I've done it 4 times now) is 5-6 km in with no overall elevation gain, but a solid 75m or so hill in the middle near the end that makes it tough with heavy packs on your back. Day two is a light day with just lunch on your back, 5 km to a swimming hole and 5 k back. Day three is the hike out. Relatively easy overall but a great way to spend a few days!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote