Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Sidecountry runs - where? what skills?
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 05:12 AM   #33 (permalink)
neni
The Swiss Miss

Some more questions concerning the cat/pow holiday in Revelstoke/Golden/Lake Louis/Fernie area.

1st part: I'm eyeing on a Venture split, probably the Zephyr (any hints on Venture splits are highly appreciated). Since I won't be able to demo Venture boards here, I thought it could be a good souvenir from Canada. Can anybody recommend a good local shop in the area? (not a big store with kids as shop assistants; I’d prefer smaller shops with guys who have tried the stuff they’re selling)

2nd part: Suppose we're lucky and get huge dumps in the weeks we'll be in the area. How huge is huge? What boards/sizes do you use/recommend for these amounts of fresh? I'm pretty sure my Flagship 158 will float with my 120lbs in whatever I can expect, but husband (190lbs, 6’, boot size 9) was not completely happy with his Raptor 164 in the 16in/40cm pow we met this season and was considering getting a bigger board anyway.

The average human has one breast and one testicle ~ Des McHale
neni is offline   Reply With Quote