Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Boot sizing question (also need thoughts to pick between 32 Lashed vs Nike Kaiju)
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Littlebigdreams

Default Boot sizing question (also need thoughts to pick between 32 Lashed vs Nike Kaiju)

I bought a pair of Thirtytwo lashed online at Size 8.5 (normally I wear size 9 shoes), I've used many pairs of boots in the past and I've always used 8.5 and they always seemed to fit perfectly.

However, for this new pair of Lashed, I noticed several things:

1. the boot fits perfectly snug on my feet right now without any discomfort. However, I think they will pack out half a size over time and therefore I think I bought the boot 0.5 size too big?

2. there is some slight heel lift when I tried the boots on. Is this another indication of the boot being a bit too big? A lot of people on the Internet suggested getting J-bars to fix the situation, what do you guys think?

3. i bought the boots for ~$105. But at the same time I found a pair of Nike Kaiju for $200 and I'm seriously debating on trying to sell the Lashed and getting the Kaiju. I'm worried that the Lashed is too soft and not as durable as the Kaiju. The Kaiju's are twice as expensive as the Lashed so I'm hesitant, but if the Kaijus will have much better performance for my riding (mostly pow, small cliff drops, and M-L kickers in the park) then I'd pick the Kaiju.
Littlebigdreams is offline   Reply With Quote