Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - A Favour to ask... ;)
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Kevin137
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cifex View Post
Maybe it's not the best idea to condition a 7 year old to think that happiness comes from how much people on the internet like you. Just a thought.
I don't think it is conditioning, he just likes that others are interested that is all. And how he likes watching others videos, he watches a few other kids who are doing really well and follows there vis etc on youtube, and just enjoys his time doing that...

There is another kid over here that i'm sure many of you have heard of, Marcus Kleveland, and he is another that follows him, and has sent him parcels of stuff etc which is really cool...

You only have to see how he has come out of his shell and started progressing with everything he does since he started snowboarding and found a love for it to understand that it is not a bad thing...

A friend came over in the winter, for a few days, and it was funny to see a 7 year old , trying to explain how to snowboard, but my friend had only had 3 or 4 days before, and this little norwegian kid, with limited english was trying to explain, and was laughing at my friend every time he fell... Anyway, they really hit it off, and my friend ended up giving him the nickname "sneaky" which is how sneaky snowboarder came about... Which he thinks is really cool, and now when he boards with me and my friends, he is simply known as sneaky, and they all love boarding with him, which to be fair, is awesome for a 7 year old, as some of them are pros, and make time for him, enjoy riding with him, always have pointers for him, and they love seeing his progression...

To be fair, while HE loves seeing the numbers go up, i also love seeing it, that people want to follow him, that he is doing something that others can enjoy, and will make a difference to his life, rather than just sitting indoors and playing on a gaming machine, he has an outside interest...

Surely that is a good thing...???

And when we have snow, he is always asking, can we go boarding, can we practice this, practice that, how does this work etc...

It really makes him shine in himself...

2012/13 114 days
2013/14 102 days

Rides

K2 Jibpan 153, K2 Fastplant 154, Ride DH2 158, Endeavour Vice 155, Signal OG 155, Lamar Word 154
Kevin137 is offline   Reply With Quote