Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - A Favour to ask... ;)
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Kevin137
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
Kevin, its great that your son is into it, reminds me of my daughter when she was younger and is still hyped.

Have fun!
I am fortunate enough that from this season i get a family season pass for free, but he has still has to pull his weight...!

He gets every lesson anyway, that is tuesday evenings from 6-8pm, on the snow, and then 3 weekends with events for the club as well.

Other than that, because we have shared custody, we have one week and his dad has one week, although lessons are an exception, the alternate weekends, he gets one day regardless, and has to earn the other...

As for paying for his equipment, that works reasonably well, we have secured a basic sponsorship by way of a shop in the UK, he is there ONLY sponsored rider, and not even from the same country, but they are family friends and they do COST for all his equipment now... Which is really cool... We are looking at developing this as much as we can, and again this follows on from his nickname...

We own the domain www.sneakysnowboards.com and we are looking at starting a kids winter clothing range using cool logos for basic stuff, my bro is a finance director for a well known label in the UK, and has the contacts, so we are setting it up as a trust with all proceeds going to a trust account that can fund his learning and competing if he is good enough, we also have full time winter sports schools here in Norway, but they cost money, so it will help with that...

However, we DO understand that he has to be good enough, and have a love for it, and if he loses interest then the money will be used in an alternative way to help fund others from the school he is at now... It is not about making money from him, but not denying him the opportunities he could have.

I think he will always board now, but how good he is is down to him, we are just planning so that he won't miss out if he IS good enough...

2102/13 114 days

Rides

K2 Jibpan 153, K2 Fastplant 154, Ride DH2 158, Endeavour Vice 155
Kevin137 is offline   Reply With Quote