Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Summer hobbies/activities
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
stan_darsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
-sigh- last couple of years, my summertime hobby has been "fixing up things around the house". Bleah!

I'm trying to get into longboarding, but it requires some concentrated attention.
Handyman shit is good work to do. I do a lot of that around my ranch as well, fixing fences, building corrals, and general boring stuff like cutting firewood and clearing roads... It's so nice to be outside, or even inside, doing something that doesn't involve a screen!

I've been skateboarding off and on for 17 years, and still can't really ride a longboard. If you pursue that, I'd like to know what the learning curve is for getting some nice carves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV82 View Post
Mostly work, off all winter and 70+ hour weeks all summer long..Makes it tough to have a life.

Anyway, I hit the gym 6 days a week in the summer and try to eat well. So far I've been doing great! I've only been mountain biking and hiking like 6 times, and golfing twice. Haven't had to many free days unfortunately. Thinking about blowing 20k on a new toy, can't decide if it's worth it..

I have like two friends I talk to, I'm pretty introverted for the most part. I'm in OKC right now doing a couple jobs. it's hot, humid and flat! Atleast it's not on fire here though. I hope nobody here has been affected by the wildfires!
What kind of gym program are you into? As I said, hiking has shown me how out of shape I am. I figure doing more of it will help, but perhaps just spending some time focusing toward a goal or something will be more beneficial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neni View Post
Summer = green season = xc riding season. Negociating an xc track in full galopp comes pretty close to riding a slope of fresh

And meeting all the "summer" friends n relatives, means the ones we hardly ever see during winter season cause they don't ride board/ski. And if time and wind allows, there's also kite/windsurfing.
Wow! You are an adrenaline junkie, eh Neni! That is too cool! How long have you been doing this?
stan_darsh is offline   Reply With Quote