Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - My DIY splitboard project
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
West Baden Iron
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I decided to just go with spar urethane to seal the inside edges. I researched here and splitboard.com until my head hurt. Lots of discussion about epoxy, urethane, metal edges, etc. For my first splitboard, I decided I would go the easier route and see how it holds up. I ok with some maintenance on the edge as I will only use it a few times a year. I put 4 coats on and sanded it smooth with 400 then 600 grit sandpaper.

I'm done with this until Friday when my DIY kit comes in. However, I found printable templates on the voile site. Should I wait for the kit, or will the printed templates be just fine? I set the scale to 100%, but I'm worried it isn't perfect. I probably should wait, not like I'm going split boarding tomorrow.

What would everyone advise about using the universal pucks rather than the DIY pucks? I'm sure adjustability is nice, but I've ridden +15, -15 for quite a while so I don't think that would change for BC. However, I really haven't ridden any BC, so maybe it would be better to have the ability to change stance angles and setback. I realize I'll have to drill quite a few more holes if I go with universal pucks, but I'm ok with that.

Jason

Last edited by West Baden Iron; 06-24-2013 at 02:34 PM.
West Baden Iron is offline   Reply With Quote