Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

The Epic Bandanna / Face MaskThread

445K views 732 replies 254 participants last post by  smellysell 
#1 · (Edited)
There is this little store near my house that sells all kinds of cartoon stuff. They had a Punisher mask in the window the other day. I almost always rock a face mask when on the trails. Hence, I thought this would make for some end of the season fun/kookiness at the local mountain. Below are few pics from the lodge. I got some of the best looks from skiier mom's and their little kids. :D

See less See more
#151 ·
...i either never noticed it before this year or i was not paying attention...
You wern't paying attention. That said, at my local mountain I have notice less of them this year, and much more balaclava-type things. I guess people are finally starting to realize bandana's don't really work.

G
#152 ·
I decided to buy the materials to make my own fleece-lined bandana since i didn't see any I liked online. Bought bandannas at walmart for a buck each, fleece at jo-ann fabrics cheap, and this fleece edge binding and had my mom sew it up for me. very warm and much nicer than a normal bandana, and way cheaper than anything else mentioned in this thread

G
#162 ·
i'v figgured out how to keep it up, but it only works if your wearing a helmet. so put your helmet on first then you slip the ends of your bandana through the triangle that your helmets straps make, then tie it at the back of your head and that way, no matter how hard you ride your bandana will always stay up:D

#158 ·
And it getting damp/wet freezing up on you. Invest in something a little more than a few dollars worth of typical bandana's. If you want to still look gansta, they make bandana's with liner to keep it from getting damp/freezing up.

#161 ·
i might have put some stupid advice about using t-shirt sleeves as face masks earlier...

i retract my previous statement... t-shirt sleeves freeze up too fast. They don't protect your face from the wind at all. You just end up with a nice thick layer of ice on the sleeve..

don't stinge and just get one of those moisture wicking bellaclavas (spelling?)
it'll be well worth it, those thigns won't freeze on you and you'll stay nice and toasty

G
#167 ·
Am I the only one that doesn't get the whole UA craze? To me it is just overpriced polyester. I hate polyester with a passion. Im into wool or wool blends. I got a UA hoodie and pants for Xmas and I returned them ASAP. The tag said 97% polyester! My gramma wears polyester! What makes UA better than a regular polyester hoodie anyway? :dunno:

G
#168 ·
a hoody is a hoody, either cotton or polyester. the tight-fitting UA products like the coldgear and warmgear long-john type stuff is their performance products. they aren't bulky, wick moisture, and keep you warm or cool respectively. UA is designed to help keep you comfortable without getting in the way.

#174 ·
I don't.

I know it's a real lame way to do things, but might I humbly suggest you wear it the way that you like for your own reasons? :D

And you're not doing the stereotype any favors when you spell 'wear' incorrectly in this context. :cheeky4:

G
#182 ·
i wear bandanas to keep from tanning. nothing looks more ridiculous than a goggle tan. it's way too hot for face masks here in socal.

when it does get cold, though, airblaster terryclavas are where it's at for both steeze and function.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.