Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Calling NZ boarders!
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 04:24 AM   #107 (permalink)
Jollybored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze182 View Post
Hey, this is probably directed best at Jollybored, but anyone else feel free to weigh in too!

I'm off to QT Friday -> Thursday. Thats booked.

But, from 1st of Aug me and a couple friends are planning a second trip, QT/Wanaka are on the cards, but after seeing your photos of Ruapehu last year, I'm second guessing.. Which would you take? The Mt. Hutt, Cadrona, Ohau, Remarkables, Coronet Peak road, or should I drop Hutt and Ohau and try Ruapehu for a couple days?

P.S. Kiwi.. and Aussie... Living in Melb - the place of no snow by the look of this season =/
Unfortunately I have not been down to the South Island. Was planning a trip this year but as I have just started a new job they wont let me take leave until later on.
Have a read through the first 2-3 pages of this thread, NZSnow has been around and seems to be quite familiar with it.

Personally I would go QT both times - my understanding is that the snow is generally better down there, but someone would hopefully be able to elaborate from experience.
Jollybored is offline   Reply With Quote