Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Powder Board Suggestions!
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 01:26 AM   #68 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASA View Post
Do not go with YES, Jones, Slash, or NOW IPO bindings. They all have a contract with each other, and are working in coalition. I have a friend who works for Nidecker (The producer for Jones) and he says that Nidecker also controls production for YES and Slash boards. Nidecker is a fantastic company, however, these 3 companies have terrible snowboards, and its not nideckers fault. The NOW IPO bindings are terrible, I owned a pair, I prefer my cheap burton progression bindings.
Oh missed this gold. I've started to realize this bloke might just be trollin to troll but... I'mma get at this anyhow.

Fuck Nidecker. They are a shitty manufacturer. On Slash, it was started by Gigi who is one of the raddest dudes in the industry. He is so impossibly stoked on snowboarding and is positively fascinated by snowboard manufacturing. YES is the old UnInc crew and they are doing a damn good job picking up riders that need to be picked up. Frank April is one of the best urban riders right now and they snagged up Sweetin when Forum went down. They are no longer at Nidecker, neither is Slash. Both were at Elan and then they went under and last I heard are both now at GST. From the tech Jones was pushing in the new stuff for '14 at SIA I was assuming Elan as well, no clue where they're at now. All three brands were dissatisfied with Nidecker and searching for another factory. Yeah, Nidecker sure is THE shit. Oh and funny how their boards go BETTER when the switched factories. Now partnered with them? As far as a distributor and reps yeah. And JF and the YES dudes and Gigi are all friends and shred together. Why wouldn't they partner up? Bullshit they aren't good bindings too. You're just blatantly wrong there. The theory works very well and this was a great debut for the product.

Ahhh, troll fed. That felt nice though.

Support Slash, support YES, support Jones, support NOW. Good brands for the industry.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote