Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Snowboards
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
jwelsh83
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKBoarding24 View Post
haven't really looked at it. I want something that is playful, but can still hold an edge when i need it. I have heard that the flying v washes out a lot, so I am skeptical of getting that board. I kind of figured the cambered custom would be the way to go I would just have to put more effort into my butters and stuff. I am also kind of skeptical how the camber floats in pow as well.
I guess it depends on what type of flex the custom has. A custom x may not be a good choice for you if you want enough for playfulness and butters. My misunderstanding...I have a custom x, which is very stiff, but holds well on ice and groomers. But I also have a Forum hybrid deck, they call the doubledog, and have never had issues riding on groomers since packed snow is all I have where I live. To me, it's my all mountain board as well as park board. I have taken it out west in pow and it does well also. If you could demo it, it would be a better idea before you spend some jack. Just depends on your terrain and needs. Either way, you can't go wrong with a cambered board. If it suites you.
jwelsh83 is offline   Reply With Quote