Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Summer hobbies/activities
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #55 (permalink)
tigre

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
I was just looking up that dog, and the second google link is a company that uses the bear dogs to de-socialize bears. They say they don't make good house pets as they need tons of attention and training.
Not the right breed for everyone, but not as difficult as I thought he'd be. He's fairly hard headed, smart, and really sweet. Definitely likes attention. Loves people and gets along very well with other dogs. We have to have an electronic collar for him, to reinforce commands when he's off leash. He learns fast, but you have to be really consistent and not coddle him at all when he's misbehaving. Pretty much the same as for most breeds, but a bit moreso. He's actually better behaved than the two lab mixes I've had. I wouldn't have two of them though, as they might bond too closely to each other and run off together.

I realize this is not the Tigre's dog thread, but I'll post one more pic I just found from a day out splitboarding last March, just because it's awesome: