Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Summer hobbies/activities
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 10:59 PM   #56 (permalink)
EatRideSleep
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre View Post
Not the right breed for everyone, but not as difficult as I thought he'd be. He's fairly hard headed, smart, and really sweet. Definitely likes attention. Loves people and gets along very well with other dogs. We have to have an electronic collar for him, to reinforce commands when he's off leash. He learns fast, but you have to be really consistent and not coddle him at all when he's misbehaving. Pretty much the same as for most breeds, but a bit moreso. He's actually better behaved than the two lab mixes I've had. I wouldn't have two of them though, as they might bond too closely to each other and run off together.

I realize this is not the Tigre's dog thread, but I'll post one more pic I just found from a day out splitboarding last March, just because it's awesome:
Brewski seems amazing! Love the intelligent look in his eye in the first photo. In the second he looks so regal.

If this isn't the Tigre's dog thread, there should be one. I've never heard of the breed before your post. Reminds me a bit of the Norwegian Elkhound. A housesitting client had one; she was a rad dog. Also loved snow.
EatRideSleep is offline   Reply With Quote