Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Where to ride in Boston/Cambridge,MA

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  maybeitsjustme 
G
#1 ·
Hello, everyone!
I have moved to Cambridge, MA, from Russia earlier this year and since my elder kid (13 years old) likes to snowboard, I want to take him to some place to do so. Can you please recommend any places not too far away? (1-hour ride?) Also apart from paid locations, are there any slopes/small hills available to public free of charge fit for snowboarding?
Thank you!

#4 ·
I live in boston for about 6 years now. best skiing in massachusetts is not actually in massachusetts.

i would recommend traveling to Loon in NH. its about 2 hours away--and the extra hour in the car is well worth it for what you get once you are there.

watchusett is garbage from what i've heard--but i've never bothered going there to see it for myself.

if you want to venture a little further Sunday River is grade A in my book.

#9 ·
yeah i live in providence ri, nothing good in mass unless, wachusetts is a nice mtn. if you wana learn with your young kids or your just bored out of your mind, but really just take the extra hour to go to loon or cannon both are only 2 hours max. Actually you could go to jimmny peak, thats up on the new york line in the north west corner of the state, probally from boston only like an hour and a half max. A little better than wachusetts, hope this helps

G
#10 ·
Is Bear Cage Hill in Franklin Park unplowed/unshoveled during the winter? If so, that'd make a good place for some quick runs. There's two sides to the path on the hill, and it's about the width of a narrow trail. There's also a second, less steep hill at Franklin Park. I'd suggest only riding if there's a good base, b/c the path is made up of small rocks and gravel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.