Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Back Country Travel (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/back-country-travel/)
-   -   Mt Baker splitboard fest 2013 (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/back-country-travel/65546-mt-baker-splitboard-fest-2013-a.html)

wrathfuldeity 02-13-2013 09:56 PM

Mt Baker splitboard fest 2013
 
I just saw this

Information

Triple8Sol 02-14-2013 03:12 AM

Gah...don't think I'll have my split in time :/

killclimbz 02-14-2013 10:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Leaving Washington the weekend before this event. Looks like that splitfest is a good time each year.

Donutz 02-14-2013 11:18 AM

Is March 18-22 spring break in the US?

killclimbz 02-14-2013 11:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
All of March is spring break. Different schools run different weeks. It's a constant ebb and flow.

DrnknZag 02-14-2013 12:54 PM

Mt Baker splitboard fest 2013
 
I'm hoping to be up for splitfest this year, I don't have any more excuses.

And Kill, I'm about 2 weeks from my Colorado trip.....still looking to your somewhere with ya probably Tuesday the 5th before we head to Silverton. I bought a bigger travel bag just so I could bring my split on this trip!

Donutz 02-14-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killclimbz (Post 724146)
All of March is spring break. Different schools run different weeks. It's a constant ebb and flow.

I guess we're a little more uniform here. Anyway, I booked vaca that week too, so we're going to try to get down to Baker at least for a day if not an overnighter.

killclimbz 02-14-2013 04:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrnknZag (Post 724578)
I'm hoping to be up for splitfest this year, I don't have any more excuses.

And Kill, I'm about 2 weeks from my Colorado trip.....still looking to your somewhere with ya probably Tuesday the 5th before we head to Silverton. I bought a bigger travel bag just so I could bring my split on this trip!

I am still planning on getting out with you. Headed to Vail Pass tomorrow to see how it has set up. The spot is a bit of a death march in and out. So I'll try to be sure it's riding nice before trying to take you out there. Otherwise, Bert is finally starting to come in decent. I'll be getting out around there this weekend too. Lots of stuff to do, though I still wish it was 2010-2011. That season is free to show back up anytime around here...

Argo 02-14-2013 04:12 PM

Its been snowing all day up here. The pass has been white out most of the day according to people i rode/work with. Its a pretty dense snow too. Not windy either... at least not on top of any of the vail peaks.

killclimbz 02-16-2013 10:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Argo (Post 725498)
Its been snowing all day up here. The pass has been white out most of the day according to people i rode/work with. Its a pretty dense snow too. Not windy either... at least not on top of any of the vail peaks.

Your report was dead on Argo. Thanks! 16-20" on the pass yesterday. Unfortunately the main cliff wall has a huge convexity all the way across it. Covered in wind slab with three feet of facets to the ground. We were setting up an ECT and the column failed all the way across at about 12-16" from the ground. Yeah not one of us would go near that convexity to hit the cliff lines. Good news is that there are nice lines through the trees and a second set of cliffs and pillows below that don't have that problem. We lapped the lower section and had a great time. Breaking trail was bitch though and my legs are tired today. Headed up to Bert in about an hour here. We'll see how it goes.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2