Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Backcountry Trip Reports (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/backcountry-trip-reports/)
-   -   Opening Weekend in the WA. Backcountry (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/backcountry-trip-reports/43358-opening-weekend-wa-backcountry.html)

oneshot 11-23-2011 01:52 PM

Opening Weekend in the WA. Backcountry
 
short and sweeet


turbospartan 11-23-2011 02:39 PM

Cool.

Do you have a split, or do you solely use sled access?

I've asked you before, but what editing software do you use (I believe you told me Sony Vegas Pro?)?

oneshot 11-23-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbospartan (Post 442956)
Cool.

Do you have a split, or do you solely use sled access?

I've asked you before, but what editing software do you use (I believe you told me Sony Vegas Pro?)?

no split.. i am too lazy, plus i can ride my sled to the top of most peaks ;)
Vegas Pro 10 and sometimes After Effects.. the end logo splatter was done in AE for this vid.

xDOTY 11-23-2011 03:10 PM

So you just ride ur sled up and leave it?! Please explain how you guys ride backcountry, sorry I am just very intrigued and never have gone.

snowvols 11-23-2011 03:20 PM

Ghost ride that bitch...... or tag team it up

oneshot 11-23-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xDOTY (Post 442971)
So you just ride ur sled up and leave it?! Please explain how you guys ride backcountry, sorry I am just very intrigued and never have gone.

1 sled/two up/1 down - trade off and repeat. move on to next untracked bowl/tree run, repeat :)

xDOTY 11-23-2011 03:54 PM

ahh. Now I get it.

Justman1020 11-24-2011 11:10 AM

Im living In WA now, and would LOVE to do this, if you don't mind, where do you go, and is there some place i can rent a snowmobile from??

schmitty34 11-25-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justman1020 (Post 443320)
Im living In WA now, and would LOVE to do this, if you don't mind, where do you go, and is there some place i can rent a snowmobile from??

Do you have experience riding in the backcountry? If not, this is a bad thing to just try out for the first time.

I assume these guys have experience, avy gear, and go with other guys that know what they are doing.

Sorry if I sound like your mom or something, but I always wanted to do this stuff too, but the more you learn, the more you realize it can be pretty dangerous and you really need to know what you are doing. I am starting out small with some avy gear and learning more while sticking to the slack country.

WasatchMan 11-25-2011 11:49 PM

I second schmitty's post. It's not that easy, you don't just rent a snowmobile and head into the mountains.

Seriously, read up more.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2