flow bindings? - Page 10 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2010, 09:47 AM   #91 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

If you get newer flows, I highly urge you to wait until you can afford a pair of 2010 Special Edition flows. These are denoted by the letters SE. I have the 2010 NXT FSE. These versions of Flows let you strap in like traditional bindings. So that problem in the powder is eliminated. Setting up is super easy now too.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-25-2010, 12:58 AM   #92 (permalink)
dhp1161
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

dont do it
my brother bought them because they were a good price and he was marketed into buying it buy the guy at the shop
i tried them out
all you get is frustration, these bindings suck ass period
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:56 AM   #93 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CNY
Posts: 685
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhp1161 View Post
dont do it
my brother bought them because they were a good price and he was marketed into buying it buy the guy at the shop
i tried them out
all you get is frustration, these bindings suck ass period
This is not good advice, at all.
phile00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 07:26 AM   #94 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
MunkySpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Berkshires
Posts: 3,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhp1161 View Post
dont do it
my brother bought them because they were a good price and he was marketed into buying it buy the guy at the shop
i tried them out
all you get is frustration, these bindings suck ass period
What, you're not going to call them 'gay'? You Burton-whoring toddlers are disappointing me.

Yeah, they suck ass. That must be Scotty Lago's and Antti Autti's assessment too when they repeatedly use the bindings in world-class events.

So, genius of all that is made by Flow, what cheap model did your brother buy? Do you have ANY particulars or anything constructive to add? What model year was it? Which baseplate did the bindings have? Particular style of powerstrap? Was it just general 'frustration' borne out of a refusal to admit anyone in your clinically retarded family is too dumb to dial in a set of Flow bindings or was there anything specific you can name, even at all? Does your brother have trouble tying his shoes? If he's related to you and your post is any measure of your intelligence, that might very well be the problem there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phile00 View Post
This is not good advice, at all.
Oh, you're classifying it as 'advice'? I wasn't going to be that generous.
__________________
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

10/11 - 24, Smote on Feb 13
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:23 AM   #95 (permalink)
dhp1161
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkySpunk View Post
What, you're not going to call them 'gay'? You Burton-whoring toddlers are disappointing me.

Yeah, they suck ass. That must be Scotty Lago's and Antti Autti's assessment too when they repeatedly use the bindings in world-class events.

So, genius of all that is made by Flow, what cheap model did your brother buy? Do you have ANY particulars or anything constructive to add? What model year was it? Which baseplate did the bindings have? Particular style of powerstrap? Was it just general 'frustration' borne out of a refusal to admit anyone in your clinically retarded family is too dumb to dial in a set of Flow bindings or was there anything specific you can name, even at all? Does your brother have trouble tying his shoes? If he's related to you and your post is any measure of your intelligence, that might very well be the problem there.Oh, you're classifying it as 'advice'? I wasn't going to be that generous.
sir, i am sorry if you are on your period, i was simply trying to give my opinion about them, which i think that is what the thread is about.
I am fairly new to the snowboarding scene so i am sorry if i do not know the name and make of every single model in the business.
Also, what are baseplates? (I'm sure instead of helping you will just rage flame me for not knowing this but i dont give a shit.

Now let me try to answer some of your questions. The bindings were red.... lol if that narrows it down, like i said they are my brothers so i dont really know what they are and i dont have them with me.
Style of powerstrap? What does this mean, again sorry. They look like "step in" when i looked that up.
My brother is fine with his shoes.
Now, problems i had specifically with them. Snow tends to get packed into the fasteners and you cant loosen the bindings after some hard riding because the snow is just packed into there so much. Also, I would expect that i could just unstrap the back, get on the lift, and strap it back on. No, once you get off the lift, the bindings somehow are tightened all the way, idk how lol. So whenever i get off the lift i have to retighten every aspect of it.

Hope that is more information although there are some aspects to your question i did not know munky. I tried to answer in the least insulting way possible. Although you are an asshole I will at least try to learn something from this instead of turning into a stupid flame war. But really... do you have nothing better to do than to insult noobs on this forum. You fit the stereotype that snowboarders are cocky assholes so this is disappointing.

O, and what people say about "sitting with your bros", Ok yeah... but your ass gets wet after a while...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:29 AM   #96 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

DHP, this is exactly what everyone means when they say you shouldn't give advice on these bindings. You have no knowledge of them whatsoever. Even if you did, you only know about them through your brother's experience.

Bottom line, you shouldn't steer people away from equipment that you yourself do not have any experience with. I can't tell someone not to buy a Ferrari because I've never driven one. I've known people who have, but I personally never did.

Every company has bad equipment in their line. You can't knock the entire brand based on a couple of their products.

I hate iPod shuffles and think they are crap, but I still rock my iPhone.

Besides, you are going to hear way more problems about Flows than niche brands like Unions because for every 1 Union user, there are 100 Flow users. Get my drift?
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:47 AM   #97 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
MunkySpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Berkshires
Posts: 3,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhp1161 View Post
sir, i am sorry if you are on your period, i was simply trying to give my opinion about them
Sir, I'm sorry if you don't know how to form an argument, but your opinion totally lacked substance, particulars, and supporting statements.
Quote:
Also, what are baseplates? (I'm sure instead of helping you will just rage flame me for not knowing this but i dont give a shit.
Rage flame? Did you get butt-hurt by my last post or something? It's the interwebs. If I knew your tampons were so delicate, I would have put on my kid gloves.

Nah, I don't need to rage flame you and announce that you don't know shit about bindings - your question did that all by itself.
Quote:
Now let me try to answer some of your questions. The bindings were red.... lol if that narrows it down,
Not really.
Quote:
Now, problems i had specifically with them. Snow tends to get packed into the fasteners and you cant loosen the bindings after some hard riding because the snow is just packed into there so much. Also, I would expect that i could just unstrap the back, get on the lift, and strap it back on. No, once you get off the lift, the bindings somehow are tightened all the way, idk how lol. So whenever i get off the lift i have to retighten every aspect of it.
I thought we were talking about your brother. Now magically you've got experience with them too?
Quote:
Hope that is more information although there are some aspects to your question i did not know munky. I tried to answer in the least insulting way possible. Although you are an asshole I will at least try to learn something from this instead of turning into a stupid flame war.
Was this part of the least insulting way possible too? Yeah, we wouldn't want this to turn into a flame war by calling each other assholes or something.
Quote:
But really... do you have nothing better to do than to insult noobs on this forum.
But really... do you have nothing better to do than offer bad advice on a topic you know nothing about? People are asking for real constructive criticism from people who actually have experience with these things. You show up and your well-formed argument is "They suck ass period because my brother couldn't get a cheap model of them to work." You give no regard to the fact that your brother tried a cheap model, no regard to the fact that EVERYONE, including Flow supporters say the cheap models suck, no regard to the fact you know so little about bindings you don't even know what a baseplate is, and no regard to the fact that Flow makes some EXTREMELY high end bindings that pros take into world championship events. You know nothing about this topic. Just stick to the bandanna and sticker threads, I'll even admit you're probably an authority on them.
Quote:
O, and what people say about "sitting with your bros", Ok yeah... but your ass gets wet after a while...
Tell your bros to use less lube when you're "sitting with them" and your ass won't get so wet.
__________________
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

10/11 - 24, Smote on Feb 13
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:36 AM   #98 (permalink)
Forum Mayor
 
CaptT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UTAH
Posts: 1,013
Default

I actually hate Flow bindings....not for any other reason then I really like straps...I also hate the new toe-caps, but once again personal preference you need to specify that you are making a judgment based on preference not quality......it gets really obnoxious when people spout off about how a product, they know nothing about, is crap.....People come here for knowledge to base their purchases on.....they do not need advice from someone that really has no clue.....Spunk has a low tolerance for bullshit, I think because he works with a bunch of nagging superficial beotches.....but we love him anyway
__________________
CaptT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:38 PM   #99 (permalink)
dhp1161
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

ok mr munky, thanks again for the helpful responses
one of my first ever posts just trying to give any input, i was not aware that i had to go into such detail, so now that i know... i admit my previous post was not really helpful lol
also i guess i was not clear, my brother bought them and owns them, but I USED THEM, thats why i said MY opinion, not my brothers opinion...

the original question was
"Hey guys thinking about getting new flow step in bindings? How do you like them? any positives or negatives? they seem so convenient. thanks. peace."

Now that i thought a little about it, it was some flow nxt bindings. Now...hes asking how I like them? I'm telling HIM how i like them, i dont. I'm just telling the OP what i think about them, no need for you to flame me thanks...

Snow packs in the little fasteners hard so after a couple runs, they get hard to loosen. If that doesnt happen to you munky, that doesnt mean it doesnt happen to everyone lol.
They seem like they will be convenient at first, but they get annoying always having to adjust the tightness.
Munky also mentioned some pros that use them? Since i have only been using the low ends, probably the high ends just like any other brand are good. Just keep in mind that if pros use them, that doesnt mean they are good. Look at plenty of other sports, the players will be decked out in one brand, most of the time not because of personal preference but because of sponsorship.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:48 PM   #100 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

Flow NXTs are high end and they are excellent bindings. I don't understand why you even need to loosen anything? This sounds more like a problem with how you set the bindings up than the actual equipment.

At any rate, you told him that Flows totally suck and to avoid the brand. You are steering someone away from an entire line of bindings just because of one bad experience you had with them. Hell, if I went by that logic, then I will never ride in a pair of Ride bindings or Salomon boots because I had a bad experience with one of their products.

Nobody is saying Flows are perfect. Quite the contrary and unless you have the 2010 SE series of Flows, setting them up is a major pain. As for the snow packing in your bindings, that means you don't have them snug enough. That also means you don't take the time to clear them out after each run. You should be doing that with any binding.

By the way, there are several types of NXT bindings. The red ones are either the 2010 NXT-ATSE or 2009 NXT-FS. I'm sure it is the FS since the 2010 ATSE one gives you the option of strapping in like normal bindings. Other than that, an older red colored Flow will be a pair of the AMPs which imo is crap.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums