Flux DM for a woman? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Flux DM for a woman?

My g/f is interested in these...anyone have any idea if they would be a good fit for a girl? She's about 5'6", 140 lbs, intermediate to advance...no park, loves shredding mountains.

Thinking about picking them up for her for Christmas, but wanted to get some opinions on the highbacks for a woman.

Size 7 boots
SuperNewb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 249
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't see why not other than the sizing and how her boots will fit.
EatMyTracers is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EatMyTracers View Post
I don't see why not other than the sizing and how her boots will fit.
That's what I was thinking, but I'd read a whole bunch of stuff about the highbacks being shortened on womens bindings due to calf anatomy, and wasn't sure how important (if at all) that was.

I'd probably buy them from DogFunk since nobody locally has them, so I suppose if they don't workout, she could always return them?
SuperNewb is offline  
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013, 04:22 PM
Veteran Member
 
Noreaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 907
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNewb View Post
I'd read a whole bunch of stuff about the highbacks being shortened on womens bindings due to calf anatomy, and wasn't sure how important (if at all) that was.
It is, actually. Being a very small woman I've demoed plenty of men's boards, have owned quite a few, wore men's boots on occasion too (if I could find the models I liked in my size) and never had any problems. But I've always had issues with men's bindings, the highback was just too tall and always cut into my leg. Even my much taller daughter who's been wearing men's boots for the past 3 years, (in size 9.5 by the way) and feels better on men specific boards prefers women's bindings for the same reason. I'm sure there're women out there who may feel different but I've yet to meet them.
Noreaster is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreaster View Post
It is, actually. Being a very small woman I've demoed plenty of men's boards, have owned quite a few, wore men's boots on occasion too (if I could find the models I liked in my size) and never had any problems. But I've always had issues with men's bindings, the highback was just too tall and always cut into my leg. Even my much taller daughter who's been wearing men's boots for the past 3 years, (in size 9.5 by the way) and feels better on men specific boards prefers women's bindings for the same reason. I'm sure there're women out there who may feel different but I've yet to meet them.
That's good to hear. Would you have any recommendations for stiff, all-mountain bindings for women? Top of the line stuff...rugged, durable, comfortable...etc.,

Thanks btw
SuperNewb is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Veteran Member
 
Noreaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 907
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNewb View Post
That's good to hear. Would you have any recommendations for stiff, all-mountain bindings for women? Top of the line stuff...rugged, durable, comfortable...etc.,

Thanks btw
I'm partial to Lexas, it's been my go-to binding for the last couple of years. I think 2014 model is even stiffer than last year's but not sure. Also, Rome Struts and if she digs rear entry bindings then Gnu B famous are also comparable in stiffness. But in my opinion, for the money Lexas top them all.
Noreaster is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noreaster View Post
I'm partial to Lexas, it's been my go-to binding for the last couple of years. I think 2014 model is even stiffer than last year's but not sure. Also, Rome Struts and if she digs rear entry bindings then Gnu B famous are also comparable in stiffness. But in my opinion, for the money Lexas top them all.
Thanks again...unfortunately she's a Burton hater, so she'd never even give the Lexas a chance. I'll look into the Struts and Gnu B's...thanks!
SuperNewb is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013, 10:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 468
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Could always ask flux to replace it with a women's highback?
jml22 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome