Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/)
-   -   Womens binding advice please:) (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/115649-womens-binding-advice-please.html)

Glitz 12-31-2013 03:01 PM

Womens binding advice please:)
 
I do more park/jumps, but I do enjoy all-mountain riding.
I tried union lady flite's but I found they were a little stiff? I've been riding with Drake Jade's and they've been really good comfort wise but they are starting to slowly lose their life.
-Nothing over $250 please. Toe cap strap only please!
I ride a 142 Niche minx.

So far I've been looking at;
-Rome Runaway
-Union Trilogy

Thank you!:)

UNION INHOUSE 12-31-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitz (Post 1387129)
I do more park/jumps, but I do enjoy all-mountain riding.
I tried union lady flite's but I found they were a little stiff? I've been riding with Drake Jade's and they've been really good comfort wise but they are starting to slowly lose their life.
-Nothing over $250 please. Toe cap strap only please!
I ride a 142 Niche minx.

So far I've been looking at;
-Rome Runaway
-Union Trilogy

Thank you!:)

What part of the binding felt too stiff? That's a pretty dang soft binding by general standards. Softer than any Drake binding.

The Trilogy has a softer base than the Flite Lady, but a stiffer highback. It's a really good combo, and our best seller.

Glitz 12-31-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNION INHOUSE (Post 1387641)
What part of the binding felt too stiff? That's a pretty dang soft binding by general standards. Softer than any Drake binding.

The Trilogy has a softer base than the Flite Lady, but a stiffer highback. It's a really good combo, and our best seller.

Yes it was the base. Every time I would come off a jump or even a box they just were't absorbing the pressure, my foot started to hurt by the end of the day, but with my jades they were perfect. I also found with the union's that the straps you have to use a lot of force to get them to come off!

Yeah, that's why I was looking at the trilogy but i'm not sure still, don't want to end up selling them afterwards again :thumbs down:


(PS: you're customer service over email is terrible. I tried emailing a question the other day because I was interested in finding out some more information and they didn't even respond remotely close to what I was asking)

eastwest 01-01-2014 08:49 PM

I was looking at the trilogys too but I ended up getting the burton lexas. But lexas are probably stiffer than you want. You might want to look at some bindings with some gel in the heel to help with the cushioning.

UNION INHOUSE 01-03-2014 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitz (Post 1387689)
Yes it was the base. Every time I would come off a jump or even a box they just were't absorbing the pressure, my foot started to hurt by the end of the day, but with my jades they were perfect. I also found with the union's that the straps you have to use a lot of force to get them to come off!

Yeah, that's why I was looking at the trilogy but i'm not sure still, don't want to end up selling them afterwards again :thumbs down:


(PS: you're customer service over email is terrible. I tried emailing a question the other day because I was interested in finding out some more information and they didn't even respond remotely close to what I was asking)

I suggest picking up the phone and calling us. Email communication can be difficult for those guys because they have 5 things going on at the same time. Sorry you didn't get the proper reply, but if you call us, you'll find a nice voice on the other end who will answer your question in probably under 3 minutes.

I don't know what to tell you about your personal experience with the base stiffness. All I can say is that it's very soft.

PM me if you have any questions. Or call. haha.

Thanks.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2