Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/)
-   -   First timer putting bindings on my new board (Cartels on NS Legacy) (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/116153-first-timer-putting-bindings-my-new.html)

njfastlfie 01-02-2014 02:31 PM

First timer putting bindings on my new board (Cartels on NS Legacy)
 
Size 13 boot

Anything I need to remember? Pro tips?

Probably going to watch some YouTube videos too

snowklinger 01-02-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njfastlfie (Post 1392425)
Size 13 boot

Anything I need to remember? Pro tips?

Probably going to watch some YouTube videos too

smoke a bowl first (unless you are under 21, in which case go get laid), that will help you calm down.

I know it's exciting, but you got this.

speedjason 01-02-2014 02:59 PM

first put your boot in the binding and strap them in. adjust the bindings so that the front and back of the boots are sticking out evenly. this is called centering the boots.
then figure out your stance width.
after that figure out your angles.
mount the bindings.
adjust straps so they are centered.
adjust highback so they are parallel.

njfastlfie 01-02-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedjason (Post 1392513)
first put your boot in the binding and strap them in. adjust the bindings so that the front and back of the boots are sticking out evenly. this is called centering the boots.
then figure out your stance width.
after that figure out your angles.
mount the bindings.
adjust straps so they are centered.
adjust highback so they are parallel.

Wow... sounds complicated

trapper 01-02-2014 03:08 PM

Just follow the directions that come with the bindings. Easy squeezy.

njfastlfie 01-02-2014 07:54 PM

i guess i need to lift the gas pedal to be able to mount these?

ugh. ha.

hardasacatshead 01-02-2014 08:30 PM

Yep. It should lift up from the heel side of the binding. The toe of the gas pedal (foot bed as it is normally called) will likely be fixed and won't lift up.

I'm going to write this assuming you're using re:flex cartels.

You'll probably change your angles and you figure out how you like to ride. It's good to experiment to see what works best for you anyway. Personally I ride a duck stance at +/- 12 deg, that's a reference point for you anyway. Don't have more than 30 deg between the two (so I'm at 24 deg, 12 deg on the front binding, 12 deg on the back).

To set your angle line up the small arrow on the binding with the angle you want on the disc and slot it in. Make sure the "hinge" of the disc is running perpendicular to the direction of the board (i.e. sideways, not pointing tip to tail). Fuck it I'll post a pic so you know what I mean.

As Jason said mount them so you've got equal overhang on both the toe and heel side. If you've a size 13 hoof then you're more than likely using large bindings, I reckon the middle hole on the re:flex disc will work.

Stance width is another one that takes a little experimentation initially. A good start is to get in a comfortable stance, knees bent, back straight as you would be when riding and set the bindings at that width. Otherwise, just make them slightly wider than shoulder width. Again, you'll move them as you figure out how wide you like them so this is purely a starting point.

When you're mounting them to the board just thread each screw a bit to align them all properly before tightening them all up. I'm pretty sure the legacy has a slight setback so I'd just mount the bindings centred on the mounting holes - i.e. equal and opposite holes.

Next adjust your highback angle. There are two screws, one either side of the heel cup that you need to loosen up to do this. Rotate the highback so it runs parallel to the edge of the board. You do this so your applying to maximum amount of energy to the edge when doing heel side turns.

Lastly you need to make sure your straps are centred on your boot. There's a little screw on each strap that you remove so you can slide the strap in/out.

Last but not least, shred that motherfucker! Hope that helps a bit.

njfastlfie 01-02-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trapper (Post 1392529)
Just follow the directions that come with the bindings. Easy squeezy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardasacatshead (Post 1393425)
Yep. It should lift up from the heel side of the binding. The toe of the gas pedal (foot bed as it is normally called) will likely be fixed and won't lift up.

I'm going to write this assuming you're using re:flex cartels.

You'll probably change your angles and you figure out how you like to ride. It's good to experiment to see what works best for you anyway. Personally I ride a duck stance at +/- 12 deg, that's a reference point for you anyway. Don't have more than 30 deg between the two (so I'm at 24 deg, 12 deg on the front binding, 12 deg on the back).

To set your angle line up the small arrow on the binding with the angle you want on the disc and slot it in. Make sure the "hinge" of the disc is running perpendicular to the direction of the board (i.e. sideways, not pointing tip to tail). Fuck it I'll post a pic so you know what I mean.

As Jason said mount them so you've got equal overhang on both the toe and heel side. If you've a size 13 hoof then you're more than likely using large bindings, I reckon the middle hole on the re:flex disc will work.

Stance width is another one that takes a little experimentation initially. A good start is to get in a comfortable stance, knees bent, back straight as you would be when riding and set the bindings at that width. Otherwise, just make them slightly wider than shoulder width. Again, you'll move them as you figure out how wide you like them so this is purely a starting point.

When you're mounting them to the board just thread each screw a bit to align them all properly before tightening them all up. I'm pretty sure the legacy has a slight setback so I'd just mount the bindings centred on the mounting holes - i.e. equal and opposite holes.

Next adjust your highback angle. There are two screws, one either side of the heel cup that you need to loosen up to do this. Rotate the highback so it runs parallel to the edge of the board. You do this so your applying to maximum amount of energy to the edge when doing heel side turns.

Lastly you need to make sure your straps are centred on your boot. There's a little screw on each strap that you remove so you can slide the strap in/out.

Last but not least, shred that motherfucker! Hope that helps a bit.


:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:


excellent excellent post. two things. i have bent the gas pedal up and where the toe meets it has made a crease in the foam. is that normal?

also, for some reason i cannot get this disk plate to fit into the binding....ill keep going at it.

lastly how tight should the screws on the straps be?

hardasacatshead 01-02-2014 08:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's that pic. Notice also the angle of the highback relative to the board's edge. (Don't be confused by the fact that it looks like I've got two highbacks, that's the heel hammock on the genesis)

1. Don't worry about the crease, that's all good.

2. Have you tried turning the disc over?

3. Hand tighten, don't over do it.

njfastlfie 01-02-2014 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardasacatshead (Post 1393457)
Here's that pic. Notice also the angle of the highback relative to the board's edge. (Don't be confused by the fact that it looks like I've got two highbacks, that's the heel hammock on the genesis)

1. Don't worry about the crease, that's all good.

2. Have you tried turning the disc over?

3. Hand tighten, don't over do it.

ok cool. and yes i know the disk is facing the correct way. it just doesn't seem to slide in easily.

also the degree numbering is weird. goes in increments of 9. so now idea how to get to 12/12.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2