First timer putting bindings on my new board (Cartels on NS Legacy) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 02:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 129
Default First timer putting bindings on my new board (Cartels on NS Legacy)

Size 13 boot

Anything I need to remember? Pro tips?

Probably going to watch some YouTube videos too
njfastlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned!
 
snowklinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: L-Town
Posts: 4,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfastlfie View Post
Size 13 boot

Anything I need to remember? Pro tips?

Probably going to watch some YouTube videos too
smoke a bowl first (unless you are under 21, in which case go get laid), that will help you calm down.

I know it's exciting, but you got this.
__________________
Support Local Business
"Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart!" - Ash
snowklinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
speedjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 523
Default

first put your boot in the binding and strap them in. adjust the bindings so that the front and back of the boots are sticking out evenly. this is called centering the boots.
then figure out your stance width.
after that figure out your angles.
mount the bindings.
adjust straps so they are centered.
adjust highback so they are parallel.
speedjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedjason View Post
first put your boot in the binding and strap them in. adjust the bindings so that the front and back of the boots are sticking out evenly. this is called centering the boots.
then figure out your stance width.
after that figure out your angles.
mount the bindings.
adjust straps so they are centered.
adjust highback so they are parallel.
Wow... sounds complicated
njfastlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
trapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: West of Lansing
Posts: 1,360
Default

Just follow the directions that come with the bindings. Easy squeezy.
__________________
2013/2014 Season
Crystal: 12
Cannonsburg: 4
Caberfae: 3
Boyne Highlands: 2
Bittersweet: 1
Boyne Mountain: 1
Holly: 1
Nub's Nob: 1

Drinking the Kool-Aid:
2013 NS Heritage 166X
2014 Union Factory
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 129
Default

i guess i need to lift the gas pedal to be able to mount these?

ugh. ha.

Last edited by njfastlfie; 01-02-2014 at 07:59 PM.
njfastlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
hardasacatshead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Aussie living in London
Posts: 575
Default

Yep. It should lift up from the heel side of the binding. The toe of the gas pedal (foot bed as it is normally called) will likely be fixed and won't lift up.

I'm going to write this assuming you're using re:flex cartels.

You'll probably change your angles and you figure out how you like to ride. It's good to experiment to see what works best for you anyway. Personally I ride a duck stance at +/- 12 deg, that's a reference point for you anyway. Don't have more than 30 deg between the two (so I'm at 24 deg, 12 deg on the front binding, 12 deg on the back).

To set your angle line up the small arrow on the binding with the angle you want on the disc and slot it in. Make sure the "hinge" of the disc is running perpendicular to the direction of the board (i.e. sideways, not pointing tip to tail). Fuck it I'll post a pic so you know what I mean.

As Jason said mount them so you've got equal overhang on both the toe and heel side. If you've a size 13 hoof then you're more than likely using large bindings, I reckon the middle hole on the re:flex disc will work.

Stance width is another one that takes a little experimentation initially. A good start is to get in a comfortable stance, knees bent, back straight as you would be when riding and set the bindings at that width. Otherwise, just make them slightly wider than shoulder width. Again, you'll move them as you figure out how wide you like them so this is purely a starting point.

When you're mounting them to the board just thread each screw a bit to align them all properly before tightening them all up. I'm pretty sure the legacy has a slight setback so I'd just mount the bindings centred on the mounting holes - i.e. equal and opposite holes.

Next adjust your highback angle. There are two screws, one either side of the heel cup that you need to loosen up to do this. Rotate the highback so it runs parallel to the edge of the board. You do this so your applying to maximum amount of energy to the edge when doing heel side turns.

Lastly you need to make sure your straps are centred on your boot. There's a little screw on each strap that you remove so you can slide the strap in/out.

Last but not least, shred that motherfucker! Hope that helps a bit.
hardasacatshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
Just follow the directions that come with the bindings. Easy squeezy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardasacatshead View Post
Yep. It should lift up from the heel side of the binding. The toe of the gas pedal (foot bed as it is normally called) will likely be fixed and won't lift up.

I'm going to write this assuming you're using re:flex cartels.

You'll probably change your angles and you figure out how you like to ride. It's good to experiment to see what works best for you anyway. Personally I ride a duck stance at +/- 12 deg, that's a reference point for you anyway. Don't have more than 30 deg between the two (so I'm at 24 deg, 12 deg on the front binding, 12 deg on the back).

To set your angle line up the small arrow on the binding with the angle you want on the disc and slot it in. Make sure the "hinge" of the disc is running perpendicular to the direction of the board (i.e. sideways, not pointing tip to tail). Fuck it I'll post a pic so you know what I mean.

As Jason said mount them so you've got equal overhang on both the toe and heel side. If you've a size 13 hoof then you're more than likely using large bindings, I reckon the middle hole on the re:flex disc will work.

Stance width is another one that takes a little experimentation initially. A good start is to get in a comfortable stance, knees bent, back straight as you would be when riding and set the bindings at that width. Otherwise, just make them slightly wider than shoulder width. Again, you'll move them as you figure out how wide you like them so this is purely a starting point.

When you're mounting them to the board just thread each screw a bit to align them all properly before tightening them all up. I'm pretty sure the legacy has a slight setback so I'd just mount the bindings centred on the mounting holes - i.e. equal and opposite holes.

Next adjust your highback angle. There are two screws, one either side of the heel cup that you need to loosen up to do this. Rotate the highback so it runs parallel to the edge of the board. You do this so your applying to maximum amount of energy to the edge when doing heel side turns.

Lastly you need to make sure your straps are centred on your boot. There's a little screw on each strap that you remove so you can slide the strap in/out.

Last but not least, shred that motherfucker! Hope that helps a bit.




excellent excellent post. two things. i have bent the gas pedal up and where the toe meets it has made a crease in the foam. is that normal?

also, for some reason i cannot get this disk plate to fit into the binding....ill keep going at it.

lastly how tight should the screws on the straps be?
njfastlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
hardasacatshead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Aussie living in London
Posts: 575
Default

Here's that pic. Notice also the angle of the highback relative to the board's edge. (Don't be confused by the fact that it looks like I've got two highbacks, that's the heel hammock on the genesis)

1. Don't worry about the crease, that's all good.

2. Have you tried turning the disc over?

3. Hand tighten, don't over do it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (134.3 KB, 185 views)

Last edited by hardasacatshead; 01-02-2014 at 08:42 PM.
hardasacatshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardasacatshead View Post
Here's that pic. Notice also the angle of the highback relative to the board's edge. (Don't be confused by the fact that it looks like I've got two highbacks, that's the heel hammock on the genesis)

1. Don't worry about the crease, that's all good.

2. Have you tried turning the disc over?

3. Hand tighten, don't over do it.
ok cool. and yes i know the disk is facing the correct way. it just doesn't seem to slide in easily.

also the degree numbering is weird. goes in increments of 9. so now idea how to get to 12/12.
njfastlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums