Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/)
-   -   Will 2014 Contact Pro fit on 2012 Lib Tech TRS? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/120385-will-2014-contact-pro-fit-2012-a.html)

LukeRyan 01-17-2014 01:52 PM

Will 2014 Contact Pro fit on 2012 Lib Tech TRS?
 
Hey all, I'm going to pick up a pair of 2014 Contact Pro's after work and just saw a thread from a guy who said the Contact Pro's didn't fit on his board because his inserts weren't 2x4. but rather 4x4. Just wanted to confirm with the community that the Contact Pro's will fit on my 2012 Lib Tech TRS. Thanks for any and all responses!

Alkasquawlik 01-17-2014 01:53 PM

It will fit.

The guy who said that his insert packs are 4x4 is a tard.

bseracka 01-17-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik (Post 1446129)
It will fit.

The guy who said that his insert packs are 4x4 is a tard.

Nope in the other thread his inserts are 4x4 he has a batelon disaster I believe. I was surprised too that there are still modern boards using 4x4

OP you'll be fine


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

jdang307 01-17-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik (Post 1446129)
It will fit.

The guy who said that his insert packs are 4x4 is a tard.

But his insert packs are 4x4.

LukeRyan 01-17-2014 02:28 PM

Okay awesome. Also one more question for you guys. I'm unsure whether my boots are size 10 or 11 (which shouldn't change anything regarding the question), but I have Nike Kaiju's and I'm wondering if you think it'd be better to go with the M/L size binding, or the L/XL size. Thanks for the responses once again!

Alkasquawlik 01-17-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bseracka (Post 1446233)
Nope in the other thread his inserts are 4x4 he has a batelon disaster I believe. I was surprised too that there are still modern boards using 4x4

Huh, strange. I was mistaken then. I was under the impression that design was dead and buried.

You sure it was a Bataleon Disaster? My roommate last year was a sub-rep for the brand, and all his boards were 2x4.

Alkasquawlik 01-17-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeRyan (Post 1446345)
Okay awesome. Also one more question for you guys. I'm unsure whether my boots are size 10 or 11 (which shouldn't change anything regarding the question), but I have Nike Kaiju's and I'm wondering if you think it'd be better to go with the M/L size binding, or the L/XL size. Thanks for the responses once again!

You're right in the middle of the size range. I have 10.5 Kaijus and run M/L Atlas' and that's what I would run. I can fit into L/XL bindings without an issue, but I'd rather not have the toe/heel drag if I can get away with it.

LukeRyan 01-17-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik (Post 1446401)
You're right in the middle of the size range. I have 10.5 Kaijus and run M/L Atlas' and that's what I would run. I can fit into L/XL bindings without an issue, but I'd rather not have the toe/heel drag if I can get away with it.

Yeah, would much rather go with the M/L if I can properly fit into them. Do you have to extend the heel cup all as far out as possible?

EDIT: Also, how do you like the Atlas'? Have you ridden on the Contact Pros at all? What would you say the primary difference is between the Atlas and Contact Pros are just based off of specs? Thanks!

bseracka 01-17-2014 11:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alkasquawlik (Post 1446385)
Huh, strange. I was mistaken then. I was under the impression that design was dead and buried.

You sure it was a Bataleon Disaster? My roommate last year was a sub-rep for the brand, and all his boards were 2x4.

Pic lifted from evo.com. I was pretty amazed to see this too. I don't get it, but I believe someone mentioned that it's to allow for wider stances.
Attachment 37209


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2