Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/)
-   -   Which Now binding? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/126241-now-binding.html)

GreyDragon 02-09-2014 12:29 PM

Which Now binding?
 
Any thoughts which of the Now bindings would be best suited for a Lib Tech Banana Magic?

The board is an aggressive all-mountain freestyle ride.

Thanks.

ridinbend 02-09-2014 12:56 PM

97 Attachment(s)
The drive.

GreyDragon 02-09-2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridinbend (Post 1517985)
The drive.

Why?

Not saying you're wrong, but why do you recommend the Drive over the Select or IPO for this board?

(Didn't you post that you didn't like the Drive?)

ridinbend 02-09-2014 04:23 PM

97 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyDragon (Post 1518369)
Why?

Not saying you're wrong, but why do you recommend the Drive over the Select or IPO for this board?

(Didn't you post that you didn't like the Drive?)

No I love them. I rode the ipo and they're sweet, but I like the responsiveness of the drive. I ride them on both my pow stick and my proto. I think I enjoy them more though on the proto for riding the mt. Bachelor terrain features, natural hips, mild pow days and just charging groomers. I'm also a bigger guy 6ft 215 and put a lot of weight into my turns and love the stiffness but also what the binding does. Hope that makes sense.

cav0011 02-09-2014 04:37 PM

I'm going to muddle this thread up.

I rode the ipos on a banana magic last season. Loved the ipos on it, rode them with no highbacks most of the time. Didn't think the highbacks added much

GreyDragon 02-09-2014 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ridinbend (Post 1518593)
No I love them. I rode the ipo and they're sweet, but I like the responsiveness of the drive. I ride them on both my pow stick and my proto. I think I enjoy them more though on the proto for riding the mt. Bachelor terrain features, natural hips, mild pow days and just charging groomers. I'm also a bigger guy 6ft 215 and put a lot of weight into my turns and love the stiffness but also what the binding does. Hope that makes sense.

Hmm, interesting.
I thought the Drives might be overkill on this type of a board, since Now advertises them as more free ride oriented. But I do like responsiveness as well.
Hmm, food for thought...

tonicusa 02-09-2014 07:03 PM

I have the Selects on this years Lib Darker C3. Such a fun setup.

readimag 02-09-2014 07:05 PM

How stiff are your boots cause I ride my ipo’s on my heritage with k2 ufo’s and I love it, but when I have my f30’s on it is to much flex.

BFBF 02-09-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreyDragon (Post 1519241)
Hmm, interesting.
I thought the Drives might be overkill on this type of a board, since Now advertises them as more free ride oriented. But I do like responsiveness as well.
Hmm, food for thought...

I have the Drives and coming from CO2's, they are not even close to stiff.

I'd go middle of the road, the highback is short, and softer than it should be(which is why they trickled it down to the select next year" and replaced it with a taller, stiffer highback going forward.)

The straps are comfortable, ratchets are great, and the dampening is excellent.

I'm sure they'll suit your needs for that board perfectly.

jtg 02-09-2014 08:45 PM

You can pretty much have both:

Now Highcup Set 2014 | evo


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2