Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/)
-   -   UNION bindings-Factory Travis Rice 2013/14 vs Burton Mission 2013 (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/130729-union-bindings-factory-travis-rice-2013-a.html)

aistis 02-25-2014 06:24 AM

UNION bindings-Factory Travis Rice 2013/14 vs Burton Mission 2013
 
Hello Everybody,

Please post your cons and Pros, what you get if u ride Unions factory vs Burtons Mission 2013 as you can see it is out of stock On Sale Burton Mission Snowboard Bindings up to 40% off means something? good product?

I made this topic to know and decide do i really need upgrade from Burtons Mission to Unions Factory, and will i get after upgrade some reall improvements, do i will turn more easy i mean if i lean to right or left will i get better response i mean will my board going to react quicker than Burtons bindings?

Point is that when i bought a DC T rice Shoes 2013/2014 model shop assistant told me that mine mission bindings going to work fine, because i asked do i need to upgrade from My Mission to Union he said "NO"

So i ask some of you and would love to hear it:) Especially would love to hear from UNION official if they are here:)

Thanks to everybody:) every msg is appreciated and welcome:)

UNION INHOUSE 02-25-2014 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aistis (Post 1569169)
Hello Everybody,

Please post your cons and Pros, what you get if u ride Unions factory vs Burtons Mission 2013 as you can see it is out of stock On Sale Burton Mission Snowboard Bindings up to 40% off means something? good product?

I made this topic to know and decide do i really need upgrade from Burtons Mission to Unions Factory, and will i get after upgrade some reall improvements, do i will turn more easy i mean if i lean to right or left will i get better response i mean will my board going to react quicker than Burtons bindings?

Point is that when i bought a DC T rice Shoes 2013/2014 model shop assistant told me that mine mission bindings going to work fine, because i asked do i need to upgrade from My Mission to Union he said "NO"

So i ask some of you and would love to hear it:) Especially would love to hear from UNION official if they are here:)

Thanks to everybody:) every msg is appreciated and welcome:)

I don't have a public opinion on the Missions, other than the fact that Burton makes very good bindings.

If your bindings are doing the job, I suggest saving your $$ till next year and upgrade to the 14/15 T.Rice pro model. That's what I'm riding right now, and fricking love them.

aistis 02-25-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNION INHOUSE (Post 1569986)
I don't have a public opinion on the Missions, other than the fact that Burton makes very good bindings.

If your bindings are doing the job, I suggest saving your $$ till next year and upgrade to the 14/15 T.Rice pro model. That's what I'm riding right now, and fricking love them.


Hello,

Thanks for answer 14-15 model? what will be more improvements in 14-15 model than 13-14? What we get more than we not get in 13/14 model does it way better?

Thanks

UNION INHOUSE 02-25-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aistis (Post 1569994)
Hello,

Thanks for answer 14-15 model? what will be more improvements in 14-15 model than 13-14? What we get more than we not get in 13/14 model does it way better?

Thanks

New highbacks, new straps, new baseplate material.

tokyo_dom 02-25-2014 11:19 PM

If you are looking for bindings to make it "easier to turn", then you are probably not going to tell much difference between your Missions and Union Factory. You are probably better off saving money and just learning to snowboard with what you have, until you get to a point where something breaks, or you can tell exactly what it is that is holding you back.

As for me, i may upgrade my Burton Mission bindings next year, not because they hold me back, but because i find the ratchet mechanism is a bit iffy, and after replacing both toe ladders last year, i am already seeing quite a bit of wear on the new ladders. It sucks that i have to be so delicate and careful when strapping in, to avoid slipping ratchets

aistis 02-26-2014 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyo_dom (Post 1572089)
If you are looking for bindings to make it "easier to turn", then you are probably not going to tell much difference between your Missions and Union Factory. You are probably better off saving money and just learning to snowboard with what you have, until you get to a point where something breaks, or you can tell exactly what it is that is holding you back.

As for me, i may upgrade my Burton Mission bindings next year, not because they hold me back, but because i find the ratchet mechanism is a bit iffy, and after replacing both toe ladders last year, i am already seeing quite a bit of wear on the new ladders. It sucks that i have to be so delicate and careful when strapping in, to avoid slipping ratchets

hey

thanks for answering which bindings you own? So u say that Union Factory ratchets system is bad? i wonder why T Rice use them :) if they so bad? some ppl said to me other things about Union Factory:

"Well if you are looking for more response then yes you should notice a difference going from the Mission to the Factory. It did take me about 4 or 5 runs down the mountain to get used to the difference, but once I did it was amazing how much better they were.

If you have the money and want more from your binding, then I'd say go for the Factory especially since you indicate that you are not doing much park stuff. To me, the difference is night and day.

But if you don't want to spend the extra money, the Mission will still be good for you. They are good bindings."


By the way ppl who have Missions and Union can really say if they feel difference or not, if you dont own Missions and you dont have Unions you cant test and say:)

So i think i will try them out and write in here:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNION INHOUSE (Post 1571713)
New highbacks, new straps, new baseplate material.

Thanks but it will be expensive again as always when new models arrive, because now i have a very good deal for UNION FACTORY 20% off so i can get unions for like 150 EUR i think its a very nice price:yahoo:

tokyo_dom 02-26-2014 04:09 AM

Well, if you want to go and buy them thats fine. Chances are you probably wont tell much difference with the Unions, but they look like a great binding.

You know the saying "A poor workman blames his tools..."

I have the 2013 Burton Mission Restricted. The ratchets/ladders always skip when tightening them, and so i end up eating into the plastic ladders. I am not sure what bindings i would change to. Wouldnt mind trying out Flow bindings, for the quick entry system. But i am not all that concerned about minor differences in feel/response. Ease of use, durability and weight (i carry my gear a long way) is more important to me.

aistis 02-26-2014 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tokyo_dom (Post 1572538)
Well, if you want to go and buy them thats fine. Chances are you probably wont tell much difference with the Unions, but they look like a great binding.

You know the saying "A poor workman blames his tools..."

I have the 2013 Burton Mission Restricted. The ratchets/ladders always skip when tightening them, and so i end up eating into the plastic ladders. I am not sure what bindings i would change to. Wouldnt mind trying out Flow bindings, for the quick entry system. But i am not all that concerned about minor differences in feel/response. Ease of use, durability and weight (i carry my gear a long way) is more important to me.

as i said its a good deal and its not expensive, i can always sell bindings if i dont like them:)

But as i understood you dont have UNION FACTORY, so you cant compare Missions vs Union, because you dont have them both and you not ridden them both:) Only people who owned both setups can tell what and how is a difference between 2 of them:)

p.s check this topic http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bin...ce-2013-a.html "trapper" owned both setups so he knows what he tells:)

SGboarder 02-26-2014 05:36 AM

I will chime in, because I have some relevant experience - I rode the same bindings as tokyo_dom (2013 Mission Restricted Reflex) for a couple of years and still have a pair of Unions on one of my boards (2013 MCs, which are similar to the Factory in some respects).

Overall I agree with tokyo_dom's assessment: For your key concern of ease of turning, there is virtually no difference between these bindings - both turn the board equally well and are pretty similar in response.

aistis 02-26-2014 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGboarder (Post 1572618)
I will chime in, because I have some relevant experience - I rode the same bindings as tokyo_dom (2013 Mission Restricted Reflex) for a couple of years and still have a pair of Unions on one of my boards (2013 MCs, which are similar to the Factory in some respects).

Overall I agree with tokyo_dom's assessment: For your key concern of ease of turning, there is virtually no difference between these bindings - both turn the board equally well and are pretty similar in response.

thanks for your input:) what i am talking is i mean those bindings On Sale Burton Mission Snowboard Bindings up to 40% off not other ones, and exact Union Bindings On Sale Union Factory Snowboard Bindings 2014 not other or similar, what i want to hear is people who rode on those exact bindings, i only hear yet from one user "trapper" http://www.snowboardingforum.com/members/trapper.html that he has both exact bindings that i am talking about....

p.s dont get me wrong but how then you can comment peoples who own missions and Union factory and after they say:

"Well if you are looking for more response then yes you should notice a difference going from the Mission to the Factory. It did take me about 4 or 5 runs down the mountain to get used to the difference, but once I did it was amazing how much better they were.

If you have the money and want more from your binding, then I'd say go for the Factory especially since you indicate that you are not doing much park stuff. To me, the difference is night and day.

But if you don't want to spend the extra money, the Mission will still be good for you. They are good bindings."



Do they lying, that's what you wanted to say? Because every rider is a different and every person feels differently...


Thanks again for all the answers...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2