UNION bindings-Factory Travis Rice 2013/14 vs Burton Mission 2013 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 07:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 54
Question UNION bindings-Factory Travis Rice 2013/14 vs Burton Mission 2013

Hello Everybody,

Please post your cons and Pros, what you get if u ride Unions factory vs Burtons Mission 2013 as you can see it is out of stock On Sale Burton Mission Snowboard Bindings up to 40% off means something? good product?

I made this topic to know and decide do i really need upgrade from Burtons Mission to Unions Factory, and will i get after upgrade some reall improvements, do i will turn more easy i mean if i lean to right or left will i get better response i mean will my board going to react quicker than Burtons bindings?

Point is that when i bought a DC T rice Shoes 2013/2014 model shop assistant told me that mine mission bindings going to work fine, because i asked do i need to upgrade from My Mission to Union he said "NO"

So i ask some of you and would love to hear it Especially would love to hear from UNION official if they are here

Thanks to everybody every msg is appreciated and welcome
aistis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-25-2014, 12:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
UNION INHOUSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SEATTLE, WA & COLICO, ITALY
Posts: 265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aistis View Post
Hello Everybody,

Please post your cons and Pros, what you get if u ride Unions factory vs Burtons Mission 2013 as you can see it is out of stock On Sale Burton Mission Snowboard Bindings up to 40% off means something? good product?

I made this topic to know and decide do i really need upgrade from Burtons Mission to Unions Factory, and will i get after upgrade some reall improvements, do i will turn more easy i mean if i lean to right or left will i get better response i mean will my board going to react quicker than Burtons bindings?

Point is that when i bought a DC T rice Shoes 2013/2014 model shop assistant told me that mine mission bindings going to work fine, because i asked do i need to upgrade from My Mission to Union he said "NO"

So i ask some of you and would love to hear it Especially would love to hear from UNION official if they are here

Thanks to everybody every msg is appreciated and welcome
I don't have a public opinion on the Missions, other than the fact that Burton makes very good bindings.

If your bindings are doing the job, I suggest saving your $$ till next year and upgrade to the 14/15 T.Rice pro model. That's what I'm riding right now, and fricking love them.
UNION INHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNION INHOUSE View Post
I don't have a public opinion on the Missions, other than the fact that Burton makes very good bindings.

If your bindings are doing the job, I suggest saving your $$ till next year and upgrade to the 14/15 T.Rice pro model. That's what I'm riding right now, and fricking love them.

Hello,

Thanks for answer 14-15 model? what will be more improvements in 14-15 model than 13-14? What we get more than we not get in 13/14 model does it way better?

Thanks
aistis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
UNION INHOUSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: SEATTLE, WA & COLICO, ITALY
Posts: 265
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aistis View Post
Hello,

Thanks for answer 14-15 model? what will be more improvements in 14-15 model than 13-14? What we get more than we not get in 13/14 model does it way better?

Thanks
New highbacks, new straps, new baseplate material.
UNION INHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 351
Default

If you are looking for bindings to make it "easier to turn", then you are probably not going to tell much difference between your Missions and Union Factory. You are probably better off saving money and just learning to snowboard with what you have, until you get to a point where something breaks, or you can tell exactly what it is that is holding you back.

As for me, i may upgrade my Burton Mission bindings next year, not because they hold me back, but because i find the ratchet mechanism is a bit iffy, and after replacing both toe ladders last year, i am already seeing quite a bit of wear on the new ladders. It sucks that i have to be so delicate and careful when strapping in, to avoid slipping ratchets
tokyo_dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:14 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyo_dom View Post
If you are looking for bindings to make it "easier to turn", then you are probably not going to tell much difference between your Missions and Union Factory. You are probably better off saving money and just learning to snowboard with what you have, until you get to a point where something breaks, or you can tell exactly what it is that is holding you back.

As for me, i may upgrade my Burton Mission bindings next year, not because they hold me back, but because i find the ratchet mechanism is a bit iffy, and after replacing both toe ladders last year, i am already seeing quite a bit of wear on the new ladders. It sucks that i have to be so delicate and careful when strapping in, to avoid slipping ratchets
hey

thanks for answering which bindings you own? So u say that Union Factory ratchets system is bad? i wonder why T Rice use them if they so bad? some ppl said to me other things about Union Factory:

"Well if you are looking for more response then yes you should notice a difference going from the Mission to the Factory. It did take me about 4 or 5 runs down the mountain to get used to the difference, but once I did it was amazing how much better they were.

If you have the money and want more from your binding, then I'd say go for the Factory especially since you indicate that you are not doing much park stuff. To me, the difference is night and day.

But if you don't want to spend the extra money, the Mission will still be good for you. They are good bindings."


By the way ppl who have Missions and Union can really say if they feel difference or not, if you dont own Missions and you dont have Unions you cant test and say

So i think i will try them out and write in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNION INHOUSE View Post
New highbacks, new straps, new baseplate material.
Thanks but it will be expensive again as always when new models arrive, because now i have a very good deal for UNION FACTORY 20% off so i can get unions for like 150 EUR i think its a very nice price

Last edited by aistis; 02-26-2014 at 04:23 AM.
aistis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:09 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 351
Default

Well, if you want to go and buy them thats fine. Chances are you probably wont tell much difference with the Unions, but they look like a great binding.

You know the saying "A poor workman blames his tools..."

I have the 2013 Burton Mission Restricted. The ratchets/ladders always skip when tightening them, and so i end up eating into the plastic ladders. I am not sure what bindings i would change to. Wouldnt mind trying out Flow bindings, for the quick entry system. But i am not all that concerned about minor differences in feel/response. Ease of use, durability and weight (i carry my gear a long way) is more important to me.
tokyo_dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyo_dom View Post
Well, if you want to go and buy them thats fine. Chances are you probably wont tell much difference with the Unions, but they look like a great binding.

You know the saying "A poor workman blames his tools..."

I have the 2013 Burton Mission Restricted. The ratchets/ladders always skip when tightening them, and so i end up eating into the plastic ladders. I am not sure what bindings i would change to. Wouldnt mind trying out Flow bindings, for the quick entry system. But i am not all that concerned about minor differences in feel/response. Ease of use, durability and weight (i carry my gear a long way) is more important to me.
as i said its a good deal and its not expensive, i can always sell bindings if i dont like them

But as i understood you dont have UNION FACTORY, so you cant compare Missions vs Union, because you dont have them both and you not ridden them both Only people who owned both setups can tell what and how is a difference between 2 of them

p.s check this topic http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bin...ce-2013-a.html "trapper" owned both setups so he knows what he tells

Last edited by aistis; 02-26-2014 at 05:49 AM.
aistis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 330
Default

I will chime in, because I have some relevant experience - I rode the same bindings as tokyo_dom (2013 Mission Restricted Reflex) for a couple of years and still have a pair of Unions on one of my boards (2013 MCs, which are similar to the Factory in some respects).

Overall I agree with tokyo_dom's assessment: For your key concern of ease of turning, there is virtually no difference between these bindings - both turn the board equally well and are pretty similar in response.
SGboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGboarder View Post
I will chime in, because I have some relevant experience - I rode the same bindings as tokyo_dom (2013 Mission Restricted Reflex) for a couple of years and still have a pair of Unions on one of my boards (2013 MCs, which are similar to the Factory in some respects).

Overall I agree with tokyo_dom's assessment: For your key concern of ease of turning, there is virtually no difference between these bindings - both turn the board equally well and are pretty similar in response.
thanks for your input what i am talking is i mean those bindings On Sale Burton Mission Snowboard Bindings up to 40% off not other ones, and exact Union Bindings On Sale Union Factory Snowboard Bindings 2014 not other or similar, what i want to hear is people who rode on those exact bindings, i only hear yet from one user "trapper" http://www.snowboardingforum.com/members/trapper.html that he has both exact bindings that i am talking about....

p.s dont get me wrong but how then you can comment peoples who own missions and Union factory and after they say:

"Well if you are looking for more response then yes you should notice a difference going from the Mission to the Factory. It did take me about 4 or 5 runs down the mountain to get used to the difference, but once I did it was amazing how much better they were.

If you have the money and want more from your binding, then I'd say go for the Factory especially since you indicate that you are not doing much park stuff. To me, the difference is night and day.

But if you don't want to spend the extra money, the Mission will still be good for you. They are good bindings."



Do they lying, that's what you wanted to say? Because every rider is a different and every person feels differently...


Thanks again for all the answers...

Last edited by aistis; 02-26-2014 at 07:37 AM.
aistis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums