Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/)
-   -   2014 Burton Cartel Set up (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/132857-2014-burton-cartel-set-up.html)

Z A C K 03-06-2014 04:18 PM

2014 Burton Cartel Set up
 
Just got these today and trying to get them onto my board. These are the Re:Flex ones. I can't even get started though because I cannot figure out how to get the bottom off so that I can have access to the baseplate. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

F1EA 03-06-2014 04:29 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Z A C K (Post 1593865)
Just got these today and trying to get them onto my board. These are the Re:Flex ones. I can't even get started though because I cannot figure out how to get the bottom off so that I can have access to the baseplate. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

LOL i've been there.... felt like a dumbass.

There's 2 indentations on the rear part of the footbed... stick the tip of your finger and pull up toward the toe area until you hear/feel it click open; do the same on the other one and you can now access the screws and baseplate. To close, shut it down until it clicks back into place. Make sure you adjust the toe ramp before you click to close the footbed......

Basically, the footbed has clips that hold it in place to the base, and they are a bit tighter than you'd expect at first.

Z A C K 03-06-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F1EA (Post 1593897)
LOL i've been there.... felt like a dumbass.

There's 2 indentations on the rear part of the footbed... stick the tip of your finger and pull up toward the toe area until you hear/feel it click open; do the same on the other one and you can now access the screws and baseplate. To close, shut it down until it clicks back into place. Make sure you adjust the toe ramp before you click to close the footbed......

Basically, the footbed has clips that hold it in place to the base, and they are a bit tighter than you'd expect at first.

Ok man, I just want to make sure I understand what you're talking about. So are you talking about the flaps in this pic:
imgur: the simple image sharer

The things on the right and left.

And does the gray button looking thing do anything? I've put my fingers under there and pulled somewhat hard and nothing has happened, I could go harder but I'm afraid I'm going to break these.

F1EA 03-06-2014 04:45 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Z A C K (Post 1593921)
Ok man, I just want to make sure I understand what you're talking about. So are you talking about the flaps in this pic:
imgur: the simple image sharer

The things on the right and left.

And does the gray button looking thing do anything? I've put my fingers under there and pulled somewhat hard and nothing has happened, I could go harder but I'm afraid I'm going to break these.

The two holes things on each side. Pull hard, it wont break.

Z A C K 03-06-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F1EA (Post 1593937)
The two holes things on each side. Pull hard, it wont break.

Worked. You really have to actually put some power behind the pull to get those things to budge. Thanks for the help.

ekb18c 03-06-2014 05:35 PM

Yeah I felt like an idiot the first time when I couldn't figure it out..

buddhafist24 03-06-2014 10:53 PM

FYI, just pull the front of the foam insert to extend the toe ramp. Took me a second to figure that one out.

Lamps 03-07-2014 05:36 AM

The grey thing is b3 gel, adds cushioning.

extra0 03-10-2014 12:30 AM

those flaps are designed to be lifted by wedging a screwdriver under them and popping them up. The grey "button" is just heel cushioning, nothing more.

Triple8Sol 03-11-2014 03:25 AM

Kids these days and their girly fingers.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:19 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2