Bindings for Jones Hovercraft - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 04:33 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
francium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: www.whiteoutsnowsports.com
Posts: 457
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Bindings for Jones Hovercraft

Hi looking to get some bindings for my new Jones hovercraft. Tried it at the weekend with my union sl's and it was great however I do get tired of swapping bindings around and the unions tend to live on my nidecker. Was thinking about getting a set of next year's Now drives as I here they've made some good improvements. Has anyone ridden this combo or got any other recommendations? Cheers.

Last edited by francium; 03-17-2014 at 11:31 PM.
francium is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2014, 08:55 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
hikeswithdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: We've gone full Utard
Posts: 1,289
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 1
I'm looking at some bindings for my new hovercraft too, what did you end up with?

makingfreshtracks.com
hikeswithdogs is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-12-2014, 11:13 PM
Veteran Member
 
neachdainn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Surrey, BC
Posts: 570
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Drives or selects would be killer. I'd be more partial to selects for that surfy feel. I run drives on my ultralight and they feel like a perfect match for a stiffer deck.
neachdainn is offline  
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 10:49 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
hikeswithdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: We've gone full Utard
Posts: 1,289
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by neachdainn View Post
Drives or selects would be killer. I'd be more partial to selects for that surfy feel. I run drives on my ultralight and they feel like a perfect match for a stiffer deck.
That would be great but my budget for bindings is about a 150$ , I"M seeing lots of stuff on clearance from last year.

Any suggestions within that budget?

Right now I'm loooking at K2 Companies, Union Forces and Saloman Arcades

makingfreshtracks.com

Last edited by hikeswithdogs; 10-14-2014 at 11:00 AM.
hikeswithdogs is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 12:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Whistler
Posts: 143
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just picked up a Hovercraft the other day myself and I plan on running my Now Selects on it. You can pick up IPO's for around $170 on sale. I can't recommend the Now's highly enough.

A lot of it is going to depend on personal preference regarding flex.

Is it your only board? If you have bindings that you're already happy with, it takes 2 minutes to swap them for a pow day.
luckboxing is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 09:15 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
hikeswithdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: We've gone full Utard
Posts: 1,289
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckboxing View Post
Just picked up a Hovercraft the other day myself and I plan on running my Now Selects on it. You can pick up IPO's for around $170 on sale. I can't recommend the Now's highly enough.

A lot of it is going to depend on personal preference regarding flex.

Is it your only board? If you have bindings that you're already happy with, it takes 2 minutes to swap them for a pow day.
Nope this is just my powder\soft snow board , I also have a Jones Solution and a K2 TurboDream.

I have some K2 cinches on my TurboDream those are fine but I don't want rear entry for powder days just too much of a PITA.

Medium Flex is fine

makingfreshtracks.com
hikeswithdogs is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
francium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: www.whiteoutsnowsports.com
Posts: 457
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Picked up a pair of Union Factory dirt cheap so they'll be living on the Hovercraft will be interested to see if the canted footbeds make any difference.
francium is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 09:35 AM
Veteran Member
 
deagol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Front Range CO
Posts: 1,852
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 240 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikeswithdogs View Post
Nope this is just my powder\soft snow board , I also have a Jones Solution and a K2 TurboDream.

I have some K2 cinches on my TurboDream those are fine but I don't want rear entry for powder days just too much of a PITA.

Medium Flex is fine

Can you tell me a bit about your Jones Solution? I was considering a split and like the Jones philosophy and this board it at my price point..

Thanks..
deagol is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 09:51 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
hikeswithdogs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: We've gone full Utard
Posts: 1,289
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by deagol View Post
Can you tell me a bit about your Jones Solution? I was considering a split and like the Jones philosophy and this board it at my price point..

Thanks..
Great board , I have the 161 and I hear they even better now they're not made by Nidecker anymore

makingfreshtracks.com
hikeswithdogs is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-24-2014, 11:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 272
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hikeswithdogs View Post
Great board , I have the 161 and I hear they even better now they're not made by Nidecker anymore
Who makes Jones now?
miplatt88 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome