Flow Bindings vs. Two-strap Bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2014, 12:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ravaging Rami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 107
Question Flow Bindings vs. Two-strap Bindings

I currently have ridden flows for two seasons now and I've liked them so far. I've been reading that two-strap bindings give you better response? My flows feel different, but I don't think that there is a response issue with them. I haven't ever used two-strap bindings so I can't compare the two. Is it all personal opinion? Does anyone have experience with either binding or both bindings?
Ravaging Rami is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-19-2014, 12:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
AgentStephens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Gillingham, UK
Posts: 10
Default

I have Flows and love them too. I think the reponse would become more apparent when you start going big with tricks and in the park as less response could cause wipes.

Flow are combating this by making the strap bigger to encompass more of your feet. The back insert and release sold me to Flows and both me and the misses ride using them. Most people can't afford them when starting so get used to riding 2 straps.
AgentStephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 01:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Vail, CO
Posts: 4,082
Default

I use flows primarily but went with the two strap nx2-se starting last season. they are very responsive in comparison to the power straps and traditional two strap bindings. I use union factory On my pow board and love the comfort of them as well.
Argo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ravaging Rami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 107
Default

I don't spend much time in the park so that's good. It could be the fact that my boots are really soft and that my board is 20+ years old lol. I'm upgrading in about a week, so I'll see if there is any difference.
Ravaging Rami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Drunk with power...er beer.
 
Donutz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posts: 4,714
Blog Entries: 225
Default

I've got Flows (NX2-AT) and Rome Targa's, and I've been swapping them back and forth this season on my boards. Here's what I find:

Flows need to be set up properly. Until you get them dialed in, they're a PITA. Traditional bucklers, you just tighten until satisfied.

Once the Flows are set up properly, they are way more convenient when getting off the lift. You can snap in without even stopping once you get proficient.

I don't detect any difference in responsiveness going heelside. There may be a very light mushiness in Flows going toeside but I wouldn't swear to it.

If you're going to get Flows, get the NX2's if at all possible. The NX2 mechanism allows you to have the I-strap tighter when locked in.

FWIW, I'm an intermediate rider and only into park a little bit. For a high-end rider, there may be more of a difference.
__________________

INNUENDO:
Italian enema.
Donutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:13 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Ravaging Rami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donutz View Post
I've got Flows (NX2-AT) and Rome Targa's, and I've been swapping them back and forth this season on my boards. Here's what I find:

Flows need to be set up properly. Until you get them dialed in, they're a PITA. Traditional bucklers, you just tighten until satisfied.

Once the Flows are set up properly, they are way more convenient when getting off the lift. You can snap in without even stopping once you get proficient.

I don't detect any difference in responsiveness going heelside. There may be a very light mushiness in Flows going toeside but I wouldn't swear to it.

If you're going to get Flows, get the NX2's if at all possible. The NX2 mechanism allows you to have the I-strap tighter when locked in.

FWIW, I'm an intermediate rider and only into park a little bit. For a high-end rider, there may be more of a difference.
I have the NXT-AT's from 12'. I think my board is too narrow and I never got the chance to set them up correctly, but I'm going to my local boardshop in about a week. Hopefully they can help me out. I'm thinking about upgrading to NX2-AT's, because I like the new strap mechanism-but that's further down the road. Getting my foot in my NXT-AT's takes force, so I can see why the the new tech would be better. I also have crappy DC boots which don't help my case much!
Ravaging Rami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Dago91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Zurich,CH
Posts: 229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argo View Post
I use flows primarily but went with the two strap nx2-se starting last season. they are very responsive in comparison to the power straps and traditional two strap bindings. I use union factory On my pow board and love the comfort of them as well.
Apologie's for the thread steal. Argo I just got a new solomon sick stick for pow and was thinking of getting the factorys to pair up with it. Do you like your factorys on your pow setup? Any feedback would be awesome!
Dago91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Crankthat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: southern Pa.
Posts: 26
Default

Bought a set of Flow bindings a number of years back.
I gave them to a friend during the first season.
They never felt right while I was riding.
I can be very aggressive and like to really surf the chopped crap that everybody scrapes up some days.
From the get go they just did not feel right.
Possibly teamed up with a pair of boots with much stiffer uppers I would have liked them better?
Crankthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 03:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5
Default

hello ! (im almost news on the forum and im canadian french so if my english is half basic so...do not be too hard with me ) for me i have started (i mean learn on two strap binding) but quickly switch to flow and i love them ! while im strapp in it i feel noting i mean is not overtight or loss i can event walk whit it (im joking) i dont do park so... plenty of my friend look and says isnt bad at all but it prefere two strapp binding to do park or other trick
the other thing i love is it impossible to overtight them !
Black_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:35 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
booron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: MN
Posts: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravaging Rami View Post
I have the NXT-AT's from 12'. I think my board is too narrow and I never got the chance to set them up correctly, but I'm going to my local boardshop in about a week. Hopefully they can help me out. I'm thinking about upgrading to NX2-AT's, because I like the new strap mechanism-but that's further down the road. Getting my foot in my NXT-AT's takes force, so I can see why the the new tech would be better. I also have crappy DC boots which don't help my case much!
It's not a question of nuts and bolts, or having a "tech" look at them or whatever. It's a question of "simply" getting the straps at the correct tension to be able to simultaneously get in and out easily AND have your boots in there sufficiently tight; it's a pretty narrow window, and can only be done while riding. I tried a pair of the old ones with the fixed ankle straps for two days and my trad binding buddys waited for me the whole time, and gave me shit about it the whole time. Apparently if you get this figured out they're awesome, but I lost the wherewithal to continue with them and saw no particular benefit for me personally over trad bindings... But who the hell knows, I see plenty of people who can't conceive how anyone has problems with them, and the relaxing ankle straps look interesting...
booron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums