Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/)
-   -   2014 Flow NX2 SE - Toe cap problem fixed? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/141810-2014-flow-nx2-se-toe-cap.html)

Jtsang2000 06-30-2014 09:04 AM

2014 Flow NX2 SE - Toe cap problem fixed?
 
Hello - I was thinking about picking up a pair of the this past season 2014 Flow NX2 SE bindings at a discount end of season price.

My question and concern is have they addressed the issue of the slipping toe cap issue of the 2013 model? I owned the 2013 model and had a lot of issues where the toe cap just doesn't stay in position and ended up selling it. Other than the toe cap issue I think the binding works fine. I have ask read somewhere from wiretapped that they enhanced tge toe cap in the 2014 model. The question is did it resolve the issue. Does anyone have any experience with the 2014 model?

Btw..I know they redesign the toe cap in the 2015 model completely but I'm interested in finding out about the toe cap on 2014 as I could get a better price for past season.

Thanks in advance any input.

larrytbull 06-30-2014 10:32 AM

I have the 2014 nx2-se and the toecap is much better. The flow guys recommend flipping the toe cap upside down, if you have slipping issues. I also spoke to them about significant differences in the 2014 vs 2015 models.

the reason they gave me on the toe cap change, was because of warranty claims on toe cap ripping. (i don't log enough time to see that, mine was just fine)

The nx2-at models pretty much are the same with exception of color

hope this helps

Jtsang2000 06-30-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larrytbull (Post 1741162)
I have the 2014 nx2-se and the toecap is much better. The flow guys recommend flipping the toe cap upside down, if you have slipping issues. I also spoke to them about significant differences in the 2014 vs 2015 models.

the reason they gave me on the toe cap change, was because of warranty claims on toe cap ripping. (i don't log enough time to see that, mine was just fine)

The nx2-at models pretty much are the same with exception of color

hope this helps

Thanks Larry - that was helpful. Can I ask if you own the 2014 model or did you received a 2014 toe cap replacement on a 2013 model?
On my 2013 model, even flipping the toe cap around did not help. Hopefully this is much better on 2014 as you mentioned.

larrytbull 06-30-2014 11:59 AM

I have the 2014 model, and honestly I did not bother to flip the toecap.
I was going to try that this year.

Also, I ordered a new Board this year (marhar throwback with bohemian graphic) I also purchased the 2014 nx2-AT. I wanted to try the full flow experience as well.

If you shop smart, these can be had around the $150 mark. If you search an older post, you will see how I was able to price match at evo for 5% less than cheapest price i could find.

*disclaimer I am an lower end intermediate rider, so please take any advice with a grain of salt **

Nivek 06-30-2014 02:06 PM

There was a minor geometry change to the way the toe strap connected to the cross strap. If you have a very rounded and slippery toe box I would get this year for the deal and see if you can get the deluxe toe caps from next year.

Jtsang2000 07-01-2014 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 1741322)
There was a minor geometry change to the way the toe strap connected to the cross strap. If you have a very rounded and slippery toe box I would get this year for the deal and see if you can get the deluxe toe caps from next year.

Nivek - how do you like the new 2015 vs 2014 vs 2013 toe cap? Any improvements?

Nivek 07-02-2014 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtsang2000 (Post 1741786)
Nivek - how do you like the new 2015 vs 2014 vs 2013 toe cap? Any improvements?

I love the new cap, it's titties.

slyder 07-02-2014 06:32 AM

I had the 13/14 model NX2-se and it wasn't so much the toe cap nor ripping and I had a lot of time on the hill last year. As much as a Midwest guy can.

It was the ratchet or lets say combination of both ratchet and strap.
The ratchet opening where the strap fed in was to wide OR the strap was molded to "thin" IE the same results.
Search some of my old threads I had a pretty good write up and fix with a ton of pics and video, Hope I didn't clean off the server.

I will be looking at the 15's once they come in.
But if you can get the 14's at a good price the fix is very simple and the little bit of hassle not that big a deal...after a while.....

Hope this might have helped a little :dunno:

Jtsang2000 07-02-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slyder (Post 1742370)
I had the 13/14 model NX2-se and it wasn't so much the toe cap nor ripping and I had a lot of time on the hill last year. As much as a Midwest guy can.

It was the ratchet or lets say combination of both ratchet and strap.
The ratchet opening where the strap fed in was to wide OR the strap was molded to "thin" IE the same results.
Search some of my old threads I had a pretty good write up and fix with a ton of pics and video, Hope I didn't clean off the server.

I will be looking at the 15's once they come in.
But if you can get the 14's at a good price the fix is very simple and the little bit of hassle not that big a deal...after a while.....

Hope this might have helped a little :dunno:

From all the feedback so far. Seems like the general consensus is the toe cap is much better than 2013 model but not as good as the 2015. I guess for the lower price of the 2014 model, I can justify it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2