Union chargers Who's using them? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 11:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Ricardo64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 26
Wink Union chargers Who's using them?

These seem like a decent pair of free ride bindings, I like the Eva concept on the bases and the carbon to stiffen the high backs. But am read some really nasty warranty stuff is it true.?

What are your experiences with them? And what year model are they?
Ricardo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-30-2014, 12:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
alchemy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: MN/WI
Posts: 24
Default

what nasty warranty stories are you hearing?
i've had nothing but good experiences with C3 (Union & CAPiTA) warranty issues, through personally contacting them, going through a shop, and also as a shop employee.

would love to try the chargers out on some actual mountains, especially after riding factories around the midwest.
alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Ricardo64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemy View Post
what nasty warranty stories are you hearing?
i've had nothing but good experiences with C3 (Union & CAPiTA) warranty issues, through personally contacting them, going through a shop, and also as a shop employee.

I have read here on this forum and on other reviews, there seems to be a common thread. The high back breaks where it connects to the heal cup(FLWA).

Don't get me wrong. What I am trying to ascertain is the amount of people that actually have had problems and the year the the problems occurred in. Why, I am interested in buying a pair for free riding. It's the chargers or the flow
NX2-RS.
Ricardo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
pdxrealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 765
Default

I just logged on to post my end result with Union and the way they handled my Chargers that did indeed have the highback issues. Those issues were supposedly resolved for the 13/14 Chargers. I didn't make it out much since the snow fall got off to a late start and I got into other hobbies/projects but when I finally got some days in I had no issues with the FLAD snapping off. The FLAD adjuster piece itself was a bit soft and wouldn't hold the flipper piece in place, but that had to of been an isolated incident. And, it was easily 'patched' by just screwing in the flipper piece to hold the FLAD in place.

See my thread a couple posts above about the total warranty experience. They were top notch. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them based on CS alone. If you can make a pair of bindings in their lineup work for you, go for it.

On another note the Chargers are great if you like a stiff super supportive binding. I do. I came from Diodes, and like the chargers even better.

Paired with a T. Rice they make me feel invincible.

Last edited by pdxrealtor; 07-01-2014 at 11:47 PM.
pdxrealtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:43 AM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Ricardo64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrealtor View Post
See my thread a couple posts above about the total warranty experience. They were top notch. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them based on CS alone. If you can make a pair of bindings in their lineup work for you, go for it.

On another note the Chargers are great if you like a stiff super supportive binding. I do. I came from Diodes, and like the chargers even better.

Paired with a T. Rice they make me feel invincible.
I certainly don't have a problem with they're bindings. It's actually to the contrary "I love them". I have two pair of forces and a pair of Danny Kass special edition 2010.

I sooner buy a pair of great bindings like the chargers after they have fixed the issues with them, than being stuck on the side of a mountain trying to fix something with what I have in my backpack or pocket, and then dealing with customer service.
No matter how nice they are you are not going to be reimbursed for the trips cost and the time lost and the miserable feeling you get when shit happens.
Ricardo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
pdxrealtor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo64 View Post
I certainly don't have a problem with they're bindings. It's actually to the contrary "I love them". I have two pair of forces and a pair of Danny Kass special edition 2010.

I sooner buy a pair of great bindings like the chargers after they have fixed the issues with them, than being stuck on the side of a mountain trying to fix something with what I have in my backpack or pocket, and then dealing with customer service.
No matter how nice they are you are not going to be reimbursed for the trips cost and the time lost and the miserable feeling you get when shit happens.
*sigh*


The issue is fixed per Union. Maybe I was not clear on that.?. They gave me a new pair of bindings with the updated parts.

Shit's still gonna happen. Better walk back to your vehicle and use the big ass stash of spare parts Union just hooked you up with vs. have to buy a new pair at the mountain.
pdxrealtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
DrnknZag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,106
Default

Bought last years Chargers, shattered the CF highback on my second day. Warrantied and went back to my tried and true Ride Capos. Talking to the shop guy when I returned them, they've handled a TON of warranty issues with the CF highback. The edge margin on the attachment point is just way too small. I have a tread somewhere around here detailing my adventure.
DrnknZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums