Union contact pro or burton cartel? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2014, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Cpapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: IN
Posts: 46
Default Union contact pro or burton cartel?

Hey everyone,
I've only ridden for one season on my current setup and it seems I already want to change it up a bit. Here is some info:
-I ride 60% park and spend the other 40% messing around with some friends.
-My current board is a Burton clash, and I'd rather not buy a new board yet, because I see no need to.
-My current bindings are Burton Customs, and quite honestly I do not like them. They're ok, but something about them feels off when riding. The ankle strap isn't the most comfortable thing, either.

I believe I have narrowed my choices down to the cartels or contact pros, but I am open to other options. Ive heard that the cartels are stiffer, which may be good since my boots are on the soft side, but I have also heard the contact pros are great for park. Opinions?
Cpapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-18-2014, 09:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
cav0011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 621
Default

I would go contact pros. Both are fine, many people love Cartels for everything.

If you are open to suggestions I suggest NOW IPO's find a used pair so you can try them out...for me they are the best bindings on the market.

Last edited by cav0011; 09-18-2014 at 10:01 PM. Reason: more opinion
cav0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 70
Default

I have ridden both and went with the Contact pro's....they are a great binding.
deepcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
xIceHoundx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Germany
Posts: 170
Default

I picked up a pair of 2014 Union Contact Pros and Factory bindings for my LT Trice Pro HP and NS Proto HDX and honestly use my Contact Pros most often, I love how they feel. This year I'm picking up Rome Katanas and NOW Drive bindings as well, we shall see which I end up making my go to binding.
__________________
SOFRESH
xIceHoundx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
marauder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sofia, Bulgaria
Posts: 26
Default

My own 2c about the Contact Pro's: very lightweight - altogether with my NS Proto the whole setup weighs approx. 5kg, great response, nice working EVA cushioning underneath the whole baseplate, comfy ankle and toe straps, the minidisk is a really nice feature, these bindings are a bit more on the stiff side . I ride with DC Ceptor size 11 boots which fit just fine into the XL size Contact Pro's. You should definitely take one of your boots with you to a shop and check if it fits correctly.
__________________
Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 05:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 92
Default

Buy both. Try them out. Send the ones you don't like to me.
taco tuesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Steezus Christ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 275
Default

i love union, i ride forces as my go to bindings. im a little hesitant on the idea of the minidisc although i havent tried it yet. what was raiden doing that was different to unions system?
Steezus Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 42
Default

Owned both, I rode about 80% park 20% mucking around.
Liked the cartel, really comfy straps.
But then i put on the contact pros! They are a bit softer, but I like them much better. They also feel a bit more surfy then the cartel's
Rotcoddam411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums