Knee Pain and binding position - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2015, 09:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 8
Default Knee Pain and binding position

I havent been able to get out much this year, which sucks with all the snow we have had here in the northeast, but I finally got up to Cannon Mtn in NH and had a hell of a day.

There was some heavier powder as it was blizzard conditions all day. When i was really putting the wood to it and powering through stuff I was finding that my front knee(right, i'm goofy) was starting to hurt on the outside towards the back. A quick glance at the anatomy of the knee makes me think it was my LCL.

What would be a recommended remedy for this, should I be angling the front binding more to keep the twisting force off the knee?

TIA.
mass-hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-15-2015, 10:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
speedjason's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 980
Default

Stop counter rotating your upper body.
It's hard to say without seeing how you actually ride.
speedjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 03:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: MASS, NA
Posts: 217
Default

Play with the angles. Put on your boots and strap in on the floor. Flex like you would riding and position like you would riding. Adjust angle and width until you don't get pressure in your squatted stance. You're probably a bit to wide or standing up too straight
PorkCereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 04:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mass-hole View Post
I havent been able to get out much this year, which sucks with all the snow we have had here in the northeast, but I finally got up to Cannon Mtn in NH and had a hell of a day.

There was some heavier powder as it was blizzard conditions all day. When i was really putting the wood to it and powering through stuff I was finding that my front knee(right, i'm goofy) was starting to hurt on the outside towards the back. A quick glance at the anatomy of the knee makes me think it was my LCL.

What would be a recommended remedy for this, should I be angling the front binding more to keep the twisting force off the knee?

TIA.
A lot of knee pain comes from weak glutes. Don't know how much you have been working out but I would try doing some squats, lunges, bridges, clam shells (google) etc. If you have been doing core, leg/glute excercises then maybe it's something else.
Since you havent been out much this yr and you were in heavy powder sounds like you just over-did things. I would work on those before you go up again. Its easy to underestimate how much effort boarding is. But we really put our body through a lot during a day of boarding. Ice is always good and cheap if you have a lot of soreness.
70'sskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkCereal View Post
Play with the angles. Put on your boots and strap in on the floor. Flex like you would riding and position like you would riding. Adjust angle and width until you don't get pressure in your squatted stance. You're probably a bit to wide or standing up too straight
I think you are probably right on this point. Its a new board (Flow Era) and I really haven't played around with it, but I do think the reference stance is wider than i am used too and probably not meant for bombing around. I destroyed my daily driver, a Rossi One magtek, at Snowbird in december so I am forced to ride this for the time being.
mass-hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 06:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: The 6
Posts: 71
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70'sskater View Post
Since you havent been out much this yr and you were in heavy powder sounds like you just over-did things. I would work on those before you go up again. Its easy to underestimate how much effort boarding is. But we really put our body through a lot during a day of boarding. Ice is always good and cheap if you have a lot of soreness.
+1

Do you workout at least 3 days a week? If you don't do a leg day and other core exercises this could be your problem
mkbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums