Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/)
-   -   is the burton c60 est worth it? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/25055-burton-c60-est-worth.html)

jegnorge 02-15-2010 09:20 PM

is the burton c60 est worth it?
 
damnit it's $400+ canadian bucks. why does it cost so much? every other burton est bindings are around $200ish except for the c02 est which cost a little less than the c60. maybe the cartel est is a better bang for my bucks? it's about $250. i'm considering the c60 est is cuz i want to own it for a long time.

maf05r6 02-16-2010 05:55 AM

Don't think because it is expensive you will own it for a long time. You could get a much cheaper binding that has just as much quality and it will last just as long. The C60 has some better features that make it more. Read the details on them and find out what the differences are before you drop $400 plus for a binding that won't suit your riding.

jegnorge 02-16-2010 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maf05r6 (Post 256287)
Don't think because it is expensive you will own it for a long time. You could get a much cheaper binding that has just as much quality and it will last just as long. The C60 has some better features that make it more. Read the details on them and find out what the differences are before you drop $400 plus for a binding that won't suit your riding.

i did read the figures but to be honest burton has a trillion names for figures and they are very confusing. a lot of marketing lingo. as far as i know i just recognize carbon fiber and it supposed to be lighter. am i missing something else?

maf05r6 02-16-2010 08:41 AM

Well some of what is raising the price is the carbon fiber. It will make it much lighter but also raises the price. Another thing is the heel cushion and fullbed cushioning system. This is also their top of the line binding.

What type of riding are you doing?

jegnorge 02-16-2010 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maf05r6 (Post 256346)
Well some of what is raising the price is the carbon fiber. It will make it much lighter but also raises the price. Another thing is the heel cushion and fullbed cushioning system. This is also their top of the line binding.

What type of riding are you doing?

thnx, i do mostly tricks now with some occasional carving. i read that the c60 is very stiff so i suppose that's a good thing for tricks.

crazyface 02-16-2010 10:41 AM

you supposed wrong lol. you want a softer, more flexible binding for freestyle. more stiffness is better for freeride/allmountain.
so if teh c60 is stiff i would opt for a more flexible binding.

maf05r6 02-16-2010 11:37 AM

Yeah, riding park you want a softer binding.

Dano 02-16-2010 12:15 PM

C60's and C02's are suited and best paired for stiff, fast, freeride boards. This setup is amazing for hard charging steeps, straight line bombing, and massive airs. However, it's awful for boxes, rails, butters, and presses. I don't know what kind of board you have (aside from Burton ICS), but if it's not a Custom X or higher, then don't bother, you won't get your money out of them. If you're looking for a killer all-mountain EST binding that you can take anywhere, the Cartel will treat you right

Mr. Polonia 02-16-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dano (Post 256497)
C60's and C02's are suited and best paired for stiff, fast, freeride boards. This setup is amazing for hard charging steeps, straight line bombing, and massive airs. However, it's awful for boxes, rails, butters, and presses. I don't know what kind of board you have (aside from Burton ICS), but if it's not a Custom X or higher, then don't bother, you won't get your money out of them. If you're looking for a killer all-mountain EST binding that you can take anywhere, the Cartel will treat you right

yup what he said.

those are good stiff bindings for a good stiff board....u will not enjoy how ur board performs with stiffer bindings especially if u have a freestyle board.

if ur stuck on burton bindings, get the p1.1's or customs...maybe even the cartels

Leo 02-16-2010 12:45 PM

Personally, I didn't like the C02's at all. The C60's are a step above it and I can tell you this much... Those bindings are effin light! Still, I'm not a fan of either bindings. Other than lightness and a cool highback mesh design, they were uneventful.

Want to know my favorite Burton binding from the test fest last week? The Burton Infidels. Affordable, super comfortable, and almost perfect amount of flex. It is geared more towards a park rider which I am not, so I wish they were a little stiffer. Still, I loved those bindings. I'm a Flow user so I am big on comfort and the Infidels provided the comfort while still being a traditional strap in. Not sure what the wing did for me, but supposedly it helps with hitting rails. Oh wait, my tail presses felt a little more comfortable. That little wing does have a use after all :laugh:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2