Rome Targa vs. Burton Cartel....FIGHT! - Page 3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Don't knock all Burton bindings just yet NY. I was with you on that "I hate Burt Bindings" boat. Cartels have been my enemy and still are for the 2011 line up lol. But... I got a chance to demo the Infidels. A little more flexy than I like, but comfortable! I actually want a pair. But I want the Targas or 390s more


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 06:31 PM
Senior Member
 
NYinfamous2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New York state of MinD
Posts: 423
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Don't knock all Burton bindings just yet NY. I was with you on that "I hate Burt Bindings" boat. Cartels have been my enemy and still are for the 2011 line up lol. But... I got a chance to demo the Infidels. A little more flexy than I like, but comfortable! I actually want a pair. But I want the Targas or 390s more
ha unless they did a total 180 and stepped there freakin binding game up I would never get another burton binding, Ive owned my share in the past and it was always a constant problem with them, the ratchets RIPPED thru ladders like crazy, to caps constantly breaking off or when on really deeep toe turns they would kick up on top of the toe of my boot, heel cups snapping in half highback breaking. yeaaaaaaaa the only good thing about there binding imo is there ankle straps they are pretty freakin comfy and conform to most boots pretty good, but that dont mean shit if they are going to fall apart after a few trips lol. I want the 390s so bad but ive been spoiled with the targas im constantly throwing in inserts and taking them out a few times a day depending on what I feel like doing that run. its like a whole new setup. I love em

I will look at the infidels tho, but I dont think its ganna persuade me
NYinfamous2k2 is offline  
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 06:40 PM
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Definitely jump on a chance to demo a pair if you ever get the chance. A lot of us at work were surprised by them.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reviews and David Z's rants
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Leo is offline  
post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 07:06 PM
NyInfamous'Girl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyg View Post
I heard that Burton boots work best in Burton bindings, is this true?

If so, why don't you get your boots sorted first and that might make the decision for you
Yes this is true. But it is also true for any other company as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYinfamous2k2 View Post
ha unless they did a total 180 and stepped there freakin binding game up I would never get another burton binding, Ive owned my share in the past and it was always a constant problem with them, the ratchets RIPPED thru ladders like crazy, to caps constantly breaking off or when on really deeep toe turns they would kick up on top of the toe of my boot, heel cups snapping in half highback breaking. yeaaaaaaaa the only good thing about there binding imo is there ankle straps they are pretty freakin comfy and conform to most boots pretty good, but that dont mean shit if they are going to fall apart after a few trips lol. I want the 390s so bad but ive been spoiled with the targas im constantly throwing in inserts and taking them out a few times a day depending on what I feel like doing that run. its like a whole new setup. I love em

I will look at the infidels tho, but I dont think its ganna persuade me

If you would have done your research sooner NY man you would have known that Burton has a lifetime warranty on all of their equipment

Sounds to me like you got some defective bindings. Everyone I know that has Burton likes their burton equipment.

You Burton hater.

Ha ha....
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 07:26 PM
Veteran Member
 
Mr. Polonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Brooklyn, Empire State
Posts: 1,093
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyInfamous'Girl View Post
Yes this is true. But it is also true for any other company as well.




If you would have done your research sooner NY man you would have known that Burton has a lifetime warranty on all of their equipment

Sounds to me like you got some defective bindings. Everyone I know that has Burton likes their burton equipment.

You Burton hater.

Ha ha....

Looks like he bought some "Furton" bindings from chinatown

Without me, my board is useless. Without my board, I am useless

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mr. Polonia is offline  
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 08:02 PM
Veteran Member
 
AWNOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 716
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Targas, hands down.

Cartels are about as over hyped as they come. The straps wouldn't stay on for me as well when I have used them in the past, even with Burton boots (SL X). Compared against the Targas adjustability and functionality, cartels are not even in the same league.
AWNOW is offline  
post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 08:04 PM
Veteran Member
 
Triple8Sol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 2
This shouldn't even be a debate. Targas > Cartels by far.

16 Gnu Swallow Tail Carver . 16 NS West . 15 NS Snowtrooper BIA
16 Burton Genesis X . 15 Now Drive
16 Flow Talon . 14 Flow Hylite
Triple8Sol is offline  
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 08:09 PM
NyInfamous'Girl
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Imagine this guy went and bought the cartels hahaa
post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 08:36 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
binarypie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Kirkwood, Lake Tahoe, CA
Posts: 660
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyInfamous'Girl View Post
Imagine this guy went and bought the cartels hahaa
I ride '10 cartel EST with '10 Ions and they are freaking awesome. But I'm more all-mountain freestyle/freeride than I am park/jib/butter person so my use case may be little different.

I am a Vermonter living in California showing the locals how to keep it real!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Times
In Vermont authenticity is all, they do not try to keep it real, they are real.
binarypie is offline  
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 08:38 PM
Veteran Member
 
AWNOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 716
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by binarypie View Post
I ride '10 cartel EST with '10 Ions and they are freaking awesome. But I'm more all-mountain freestyle/freeride than I am park/jib/butter person so my use case may be little different.
Targa is a pure all mountain binding.
AWNOW is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome