Trouble setting up my Contrabands - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Trouble setting up my Contrabands

I picked up some Burton Ion's and am trying to set up my contrabands for them and having some trouble. I can't get the toe strap to sit in the middle like they're suppose to. I've pulled the side strap as far out as I can, but the strap still doesn't want to center. I've also centered the boot in the binding too.

Any help?



Last edited by TheSandman; 02-20-2010 at 04:57 PM.
TheSandman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 05:39 PM
Veteran Member
 
Method's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Post Falls,ID
Posts: 622
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did you try adjusting the strap at the top where the buckle is?. After I messed around with that I got mine to be mostly centered. Close enough for me anyways.
Method is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 06:34 PM
Chainsaw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
i have the same bindings.. when im on the hill what i basically move then center strap over with my hand then crank em down.... thats how i get mine centered..

also there is a video on rides website with instructions on setting those up
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yeah I adjusted where the toe strap attaches to the upper strap. I mean I can pull it over with my finger to center the strap, just didn't know if I can adjust so that isn't needed.

I'll check out that video
TheSandman is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 08:34 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CNY
Posts: 685
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Questions:
1) what size are your boots?
2) what size are your bindings?
3) Have you pulled the front of the v strap as far out as you can using the adjustment underneath the binding? (The side of the v-strap should be snug to your boot, which will shift the front of the v-strap more toward the center of your toe)

I had the Nitranes and Thirty-two Ultralight boots, and returned them for this very reason. The deal is that Ride designed these for ride boots. Boots that have a lower toe profile are going to fit better. Firstly, that side of the v-strap should be snug to the side of your boot, so move that in. If you have the toe as far out as it goes, and it still won't center, then it's a relatively incompatible boot. You don't want to mess with the heel cup adjustment because then you're going to have too much heel overhang. Make sure it's on the exact setting for the size of your boot. Beyond this there's not much more you can tweak.

I had Ride send me a pair of X-large straps for my size large Nitranes. I don't need them since I returned the bindings. If you would like a webbed v-strap, I'd be willing to send them to you for the cost of shipping.
phile00 is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phile00 View Post
Questions:
1) what size are your boots?
2) what size are your bindings?
3) Have you pulled the front of the v strap as far out as you can using the adjustment underneath the binding? (The side of the v-strap should be snug to your boot, which will shift the front of the v-strap more toward the center of your toe)

I had the Nitranes and Thirty-two Ultralight boots, and returned them for this very reason. The deal is that Ride designed these for ride boots. Boots that have a lower toe profile are going to fit better. Firstly, that side of the v-strap should be snug to the side of your boot, so move that in. If you have the toe as far out as it goes, and it still won't center, then it's a relatively incompatible boot. You don't want to mess with the heel cup adjustment because then you're going to have too much heel overhang. Make sure it's on the exact setting for the size of your boot. Beyond this there's not much more you can tweak.

I had Ride send me a pair of X-large straps for my size large Nitranes. I don't need them since I returned the bindings. If you would like a webbed v-strap, I'd be willing to send them to you for the cost of shipping.
Boots are 9.5, contrabands are 9-11. I watched the ride setup video and it did help some. I actually moved the side strap in so it's snug against the boot. That actually helped bring the strap over some. It's pretty close now, still off just a little bit, but I can push it over so it's centered.

What color are your nitrane straps?

I'll probably just run these this year and maybe pick up some traditional bindings next year, maybe some Ride EX's.
TheSandman is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 10:45 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CNY
Posts: 685
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSandman View Post
Boots are 9.5, contrabands are 9-11. I watched the ride setup video and it did help some. I actually moved the side strap in so it's snug against the boot. That actually helped bring the strap over some. It's pretty close now, still off just a little bit, but I can push it over so it's centered.

What color are your nitrane straps?

I'll probably just run these this year and maybe pick up some traditional bindings next year, maybe some Ride EX's.
The Nitrane straps are red with black webbing on the V. The bindings are a neat idea, but there are just too many boot incompatibilities. I just realized I could probably ship the straps to you for like a couple bucks USPS. I wouldn't charge you. If you want them just PM me. I'd be interested to see how they work out. It might very well be a viable option for people with "incompatible boots".
phile00 is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 11:44 PM
Veteran Member
 
Method's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Post Falls,ID
Posts: 622
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
whats the point of wasting money on the webbed fittings when they're just there for cosmetics.
Method is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CNY
Posts: 685
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
whats the point of wasting money on the webbed fittings when they're just there for cosmetics.
Not sure exactly what you're commenting on, but the straps I have are x-large, and might solve his problem. If you' commenting on the Nitranes in general, it's not just a different strap, it's a different (stiffer) high back as well.
phile00 is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Veteran Member
 
rgrwilco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Souf Jersey
Posts: 1,163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
the strap doesnt need to be centered over your boot. it just needs to be over your big toe.
rgrwilco is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome