Best step in alternative - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2010, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
PassTheDutchie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Best step in alternative

I'm getting back into boarding after many years off, I used to use Switch bindings & boots, but my old boots are too tight now and needed to be replaced. I ended up getting some Salomon Savage boots (which I like), and some Ride EX bindings which work well but are too much trouble to get in and out of. My GF skis, so it would be nice if she didn't have to wait while I wrestle with the strap bindings. I am considering Flow NXT AT bindings, any brands or models I should consider?
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-07-2010, 12:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
MunkySpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Berkshires
Posts: 3,212
Default

I love my Flow NXT-AT's.

K2 Cinch's are another option.

I hear a lot of good stuff about the K2 Auto Ever's too.

You'll find a LOT of opinions on all of them with a search here.
__________________
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

10/11 - 24, Smote on Feb 13
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 156
Default

There are also the Ride Contraband line of bindings if you're looking at convenience binding alternatives. The 2011 Optimos are even fully adjustable on board (a knock again previous iterations).
CoopersTroopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
PATKOUG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 210
Default

Speaking of Contrabands, I've got a pair of hardly-used 2010 Contrabands for sale...

Click here to view my classified advertisement for them:

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...2010-ride.html
PATKOUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
PassTheDutchie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I think the Ride stuff is pretty well made, the 2011 Contrabands look like a good improvement over the '10 ones.
I really want something I can have my foot in off the chair, and engage w/o sitting down. Looks like the Flow and K2 are the best bets, still leaning toward the Flow given it's simpler design and positive customer feedback.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:16 AM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
killclimbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Front Range
Posts: 10,758
Default

Why would you need to sit down to put your bindings on?
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
PassTheDutchie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
Why would you need to sit down to put your bindings on?
Is that in reference to strap bindings or Flow type bindings?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
jputtho2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 77
Default

In all honesty, I could strap up in conventional bindings without sitting down but it took a lot of balance, HOWEVER my flows ('10 NXT ATSE's) are 10X's easier to do that. Infact now I just kick my rear foot in on the lift and ride off and as I'm riding off I throw the back up and tear down the hill. At the bottom I don't even stop (well I slow down of course) but instead just keep riding over to the lift and as I'm riding over I reach down and pull the back down and go right up to the pick up zone. It's nice when it's a week night late b/c there aren't many people there so I literally don't have to stop until I need to when the chair is swooping in to pick me up.

I have yet to see ANYONE using conventional bindings do that. In fact when I do that, the lifties comment every once in a while sayin it's pretty cool to be able to do that when they notice me doing that.
jputtho2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
killclimbz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Front Range
Posts: 10,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheDutchie View Post
Is that in reference to strap bindings or Flow type bindings?
To any binding...
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
PassTheDutchie
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jputtho2 View Post
In all honesty, I could strap up in conventional bindings without sitting down but it took a lot of balance, HOWEVER my flows ('10 NXT ATSE's) are 10X's easier to do that. Infact now I just kick my rear foot in on the lift and ride off and as I'm riding off I throw the back up and tear down the hill. At the bottom I don't even stop (well I slow down of course) but instead just keep riding over to the lift and as I'm riding over I reach down and pull the back down and go right up to the pick up zone. It's nice when it's a week night late b/c there aren't many people there so I literally don't have to stop until I need to when the chair is swooping in to pick me up.

I have yet to see ANYONE using conventional bindings do that. In fact when I do that, the lifties comment every once in a while sayin it's pretty cool to be able to do that when they notice me doing that.
THAT is exactly what I'm after. Like I said, after using step-ins, straps just don't seem logical to me.
How do you like the ATSE's, I've narrowed it down to ATSE or FSE Flows...
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums