Stiff freeride binding. - Page 4 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 08:36 AM
Veteran Member
 
DrnknZag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You don't have to install the toothed with the pads already canted. Install it flat, then adjust the canting once it's mounted.
DrnknZag is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 09:47 AM Thread Starter
TLN
Senior Member
 
TLN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrnknZag View Post
You don't have to install the toothed with the pads already canted. Install it flat, then adjust the canting once it's mounted.
That's what i'm talking about =) so if you want to rotate the bindings you got to unscrew 9 screws. (actually less, about 7).
TLN is offline  
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 10:29 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
legallyillegal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: fuck Snowboarding
Posts: 4,492
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLN View Post
That's what i'm talking about =) so if you want to rotate the bindings you got to unscrew 9 screws. (actually less, about 7).
4 mounting screws + 1 footbed screw

i think that adds up to 5 screws per binding


now let's compare this with other typical bindings that use a disc cover that screws on

4 mounting screws + 1 screw

hmm.


yep, clearly 9 or 7

THERE ARE SPECIFIC REASONS AS TO WHY I AM MORE LOCAL THAN YOU


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
legallyillegal is offline  
post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Veteran Member
 
DrnknZag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
4 mounting screws + 1 footbed screw

i think that adds up to 5 screws per binding


now let's compare this with other typical bindings that use a disc cover that screws on

4 mounting screws + 1 screw

hmm.


yep, clearly 9 or 7
I think what he's saying is he's canting the footbeds so much that he has to mess with the four cant adjustment screws just to pull the footbed off. Four cant screws + one footbed screw + four baseplate screws = nine screws. If you're canting the footbeds enough to make it hard to pull off, that's waaaaaay too much canting IMO.
DrnknZag is offline  
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 12:11 AM
Veteran Member
 
Triple8Sol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,348
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Blog Entries: 2
Agreed. Unless you're rocking a 30" stance, there's no reason to have it that extreme. I actually tried the NRCs maxed out for a day, just to see how it felt. It was weird, and not in a good way.

16 Gnu Swallow Tail Carver . 16 NS West . 15 NS Snowtrooper BIA
16 Burton Genesis X . 15 Now Drive
16 Flow Talon . 14 Flow Hylite
Triple8Sol is offline  
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 11-05-2010, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
TLN
Senior Member
 
TLN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Chicago
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrnknZag View Post
If you're canting the footbeds enough to make it hard to pull off, that's waaaaaay too much canting IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
Agreed. Unless you're rocking a 30" stance, there's no reason to have it that extreme. I actually tried the NRCs maxed out for a day, just to see how it felt. It was weird, and not in a good way.
Well. i haven't tried the new bindings yet, so i can't say anything on it. Anyway, i don't think i'd rotate bindings often. and i can do it at home the day before ride.
TLN is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome