Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/)
-   -   Stiff freeride binding. (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/30679-stiff-freeride-binding.html)

TLN 09-07-2010 12:04 PM

Stiff freeride binding.
 
Hi!

I wanna get new bindings for my NS Legacy-R 174. Now i use Flux S.D.R. bindings and i find then vety soft. This model is similar to Flux Stream SF, but has the different highback. I'm about 6 ft. 5" and 220 lbs, and ride 90& freeride and 10% jumps since we got no park here in KZ. I ride for 5 years. My ideas about bindings are:
1. Ride Spi 09-10. Candidate #1.
2. Ride Nrc. I heard(on this forum) it's a bit softer then Spi? isn't it?
3. Rome Targa 09-10. Good enough, but..
4. Rome Targa 10-11. Canted footbeds seems to be tasty, isn't it? But it cost twice as Spi.
5. Union Force
===WHERE TO FIND?====
Ride CAD. Can't find any, if you got a a link, please provide.
Drake Podium. same as CADs. Interested, but i can't find.
Nidecker carbons - used in SBX, as Podiums, but i'd like to get such a stiff one.

As you can see the response and stiffnes is the main idea, but i don't want to spent lots of $$.

BTW: Foot size is US13, ride in Salomon Malamute boots.

Also i got a question bout canted footbeds. Does it really make sense or not? I meant some years ago none had it, and it was still cool to ride. Actually Spi got a precanred footbed, and it was well though.

All your comments on such a bindings would be very appreciated.

Leo 09-07-2010 12:17 PM

This is another alternative to Ride SPIs (which I happen to love)

Ride Double Agent Mens Snowboard Bindings 2011

Stiffer than SPIs, but more adjustable.

Targas are your other option. I say ditch your other choices. :)

Leo 09-07-2010 12:23 PM

Just to elaborate more on the Double Agents...

They are rated 9 at their stiffest. You can adjust the ankle strap to your preferred stiffness on the fly with their provided inserts. Pretty cool system.

TLN 09-07-2010 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo (Post 303602)
This is another alternative to Ride SPIs (which I happen to love)

Ride Double Agent Mens Snowboard Bindings 2011

Stiffer than SPIs, but more adjustable.

Targas are your other option. I say ditch your other choices. :)

And cost two time more then '10 spi. =) Does it worth it? I'd get '10 CAD for that price. And what about other models? or Ride is the only brand i should look at?

Leo 09-07-2010 01:04 PM

If the '10 Ride SPI is really within your budget, I'd say just pull the trigger on those. They are great bindings especially if you have no problems affording it.

TLN 09-07-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo (Post 303616)
If the '10 Ride SPI is really within your budget, I'd say just pull the trigger on those. They are great bindings especially if you have no problems affording it.

Yep. I'd get them if i won't see any other bindings on sale =)
BTW, what'd your opinion on canted footbeds?

DC5R 09-07-2010 01:23 PM

One binder you missed that is reasonably priced would be Rome Arsenals. Stiff...responsive...inexpensive.

Leo 09-07-2010 01:30 PM

Canted footbeds are yummy for longer shred sessions. They are also good for wider stances. I rock a 23" stance and I'm 5'9. My Flow NXT-FSE's have canted footbeds and they are comfy. However, my Flows in general are made to reduce foot fatigue anyway so it only adds to my comfort :D

TLN 09-07-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5R (Post 303623)
One binder you missed that is reasonably priced would be Rome Arsenals. Stiff...responsive...inexpensive.

Hmm.... i'd check out it now


Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo (Post 303626)
Canted footbeds are yummy for longer shred sessions. They are also good for wider stances. I rock a 23" stance and I'm 5'9. My Flow NXT-FSE's have canted footbeds and they are comfy. However, my Flows in general are made to reduce foot fatigue anyway so it only adds to my comfort :D

heh =) But 1 cradsh'd drain more fatigue then all the day without canted footbeds =) Anyway, it's good if it really works.

And: What about Raiden bindings? Does it worth a look?

legallyillegal 09-07-2010 02:12 PM

for a legacy 174, youre pretty much looking at aluminum or carbon and nothing else


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2