Rome Targa vs. Ride Delta (2011 models) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2010, 12:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
DrnknZag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,108
Default Rome Targa vs. Ride Delta (2011 models)

I'm shopping for bindings for my new NS SL and have narrowed it down to these two bindings. I'm looking for something that has good heel/toe response, but still a playful front to back for my all mountain freestyle set-up. My previous all mountain bindings were Burton Cartels, which I liked how they felt. Thoughs?
DrnknZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-13-2010, 12:12 PM   #2 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

What year Deltas? The 2011 Deltas are sick nasty

I haven't tried Targas, but everyone seems to love them for all-mountain/freestyle. You can adjust the Targas a lot.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
DrnknZag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
What year Deltas? The 2011 Deltas are sick nasty

I haven't tried Targas, but everyone seems to love them for all-mountain/freestyle. You can adjust the Targas a lot.
Definitely the 2011 Deltas! Have you demo'd them? How's the response?
DrnknZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrnknZag View Post
Definitely the 2011 Deltas! Have you demo'd them? How's the response?
I loved the Deltas. For Ride, they are softer bindings. In the grand spectrum of things, they are pretty dead center of flex spectrum. Actually, perhaps not dead center. Medium stiff I'd say. I just really love Ride's 2011 line of bindings. They are comfy. The Deltas have a cool high-back. Some type of retro styling that gave my presses excellent support.

I wouldn't make the Deltas my freeride bindings, but for fun all-mountain freestyle they are great.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
DrnknZag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
I loved the Deltas. For Ride, they are softer bindings. In the grand spectrum of things, they are pretty dead center of flex spectrum. Actually, perhaps not dead center. Medium stiff I'd say. I just really love Ride's 2011 line of bindings. They are comfy. The Deltas have a cool high-back. Some type of retro styling that gave my presses excellent support.

I wouldn't make the Deltas my freeride bindings, but for fun all-mountain freestyle they are great.
How would you compare them to my busted Cartels in terms of response?
DrnknZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 6,307
Default

Edge to edge will be more responsive now. Just cause your cartels are dead though. The thing I like about the Deltas this year is the new highback. Its a good deal softer (side to side) and wider and flatter making the binding a little more "tweakable" than in the past.
__________________
Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
DrnknZag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Edge to edge will be more responsive now. Just cause your cartels are dead though. The thing I like about the Deltas this year is the new highback. Its a good deal softer (side to side) and wider and flatter making the binding a little more "tweakable" than in the past.
How do you think the Delta highbacks compare to the Targas?
DrnknZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:55 AM   #8 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Leo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Detroit Area
Posts: 6,230
Default

I don't like Burton bindings and the Custom's are my mortal enemy. I went through 3 different pairs of 2011 Customs and each one saw my rear foot toe strap coming undone due to all my tail presses.

I tried the Cartels as well and saw nothing special about them. I did like the lean on the highbacks though, although I can adjust my Flows the same way (which I pretty much do).

I'd take the Deltas over any Burton binding... even the c02 or 06.
__________________
www.aGNARchy.com Reviews and David Z's rants
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
DrnknZag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
I don't like Burton bindings and the Custom's are my mortal enemy. I went through 3 different pairs of 2011 Customs and each one saw my rear foot toe strap coming undone due to all my tail presses.

I tried the Cartels as well and saw nothing special about them. I did like the lean on the highbacks though, although I can adjust my Flows the same way (which I pretty much do).

I'd take the Deltas over any Burton binding... even the c02 or 06.
I'm not considering any Burton bindings. I just liked the Cartels in terms of response and want something similar in that department.
DrnknZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,610
Default

I'm a little biased because I own Targas, but I'd go Targas over the Deltas. Laterally, I'd say both bindings are the same, however, from toe-to-heel, the inserts for the Targas allow you to customize the response so they would be more responsive, equal to, or less responsive than the Deltas.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums