Custom x bindings - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
justmetomsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Post Custom x bindings

holla, I'm looking for some stiff freeride bindinds for a '11 custom x, I'm pretty sure the '11 model has a different channel set up so you can use any brand bindings on it? I have a park board with cartels which ive found pretty sweet except the toe strap can creep up ontop of my foot in pow, so i wanted to get some new ones for my X. I sorta had an idea of burton Co2's or rome 390's

cheers bros
justmetomsy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Veteran Member
 
DrnknZag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've got CO2s for my freeride board. Great response/stiffness, but I think they're way overpriced (I scored mine cheap on Brociety last year). The Rome 390's will be too soft, I'd say look at the Targas instead. I'd also look at the Ride SPi or Double Agent.
DrnknZag is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
justmetomsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrnknZag View Post
I've got CO2s for my freeride board. Great response/stiffness, but I think they're way overpriced (I scored mine cheap on Brociety last year). The Rome 390's will be too soft, I'd say look at the Targas instead. I'd also look at the Ride SPi or Double Agent.
The targas look pretty sick anyone know what the high backs like? Are the Co2's as light as burton goes on and on about?
justmetomsy is offline  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Veteran Member
 
Dano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmonton AB
Posts: 729
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
They still have some weight to them, but in comparison I guess they are a bit lighter. Co2 est's are they way to go, yeah they're expensive but if you're dropping $ on a CX, you might as well spend $ on the bindings that'll give you the most out of your deck. Or pick up a set of the discs and just run your cartels

'12 Lib Tech T.rice / '12 Burton Cartels
'10 CustomX / '10 Co2 EST
Salomon F22
Dano is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
justmetomsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
They still have some weight to them, but in comparison I guess they are a bit lighter. Co2 est's are they way to go, yeah they're expensive but if you're dropping $ on a CX, you might as well spend $ on the bindings that'll give you the most out of your deck. Or pick up a set of the discs and just run your cartels
The cartels i've got are est. have there been any dodgy breaking issues with the est bindings? mine have been fine, heard a few things on the hill and am starting to wonder if i am just lucky, or if they were just haters.
justmetomsy is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Veteran Member
 
Dano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Edmonton AB
Posts: 729
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pure haters, that's it that's all. I've had my Co2 est's shift on me once. It was on a bail that should have broke my legs ( got lucky ) and they only moved forward about a cm. Other than that, hasen't moved on me once. I was just saying you should get est's instead of the 390's. Nothing against Rome, but an ICS board will perform a bit better with the bindings that were designed to go on it

'12 Lib Tech T.rice / '12 Burton Cartels
'10 CustomX / '10 Co2 EST
Salomon F22
Dano is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2010, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
justmetomsy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
Pure haters, that's it that's all. I've had my Co2 est's shift on me once. It was on a bail that should have broke my legs ( got lucky ) and they only moved forward about a cm. Other than that, hasen't moved on me once. I was just saying you should get est's instead of the 390's. Nothing against Rome, but an ICS board will perform a bit better with the bindings that were designed to go on it
Yeah mine never moved at all i had a super bad stack dislocated my shoulder cracked three ribs but the bindings didn't even budge LOL. I've also got est boots (Ozone's) got talked into everything est at the shop lol.
justmetomsy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome