Rome Targa - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rome Targa

This is my second sezone riding, and even though I am not that good at it I really enjoy spending time on the hill and learning something new every day. Last year I was riding on some older Burton Custom board (got it on sale 50% off) combined with Custom Bindings. I have nothing bad to say about Custom bindings and the board will be used this year as well little bit stiff but lots of fun any way. Any way one of the Forum members (car forum) is Rome rep and offer me some sick discount on new rome equipment and I just placed order for 2011 Targa, but the discounts are 50% off so I was thinking it would be nice to get a new board for that price as well. Any recomendations? Are the targa too much for a beginner? I have size 12 shoe. Thanks for any help.
snajper69 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Veteran Member
 
AWNOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 716
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snajper69 View Post
This is my second sezone riding, and even though I am not that good at it I really enjoy spending time on the hill and learning something new every day. Last year I was riding on some older Burton Custom board (got it on sale 50% off) combined with Custom Bindings. I have nothing bad to say about Custom bindings and the board will be used this year as well little bit stiff but lots of fun any way. Any way one of the Forum members (car forum) is Rome rep and offer me some sick discount on new rome equipment and I just placed order for 2011 Targa, but the discounts are 50% off so I was thinking it would be nice to get a new board for that price as well. Any recomendations? Are the targa too much for a beginner? I have size 12 shoe. Thanks for any help.
Targa's will be fine. They are somewhat stiff, but nothing you cannot get used to pretty quickly. If you are grabbing a board through the pro deal then the Anthem is going to be closest to the Burton Custom.

Last edited by AWNOW; 10-14-2010 at 05:32 PM.
AWNOW is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWNOW View Post
Targa's will be fine. They are somewhat stiff, but nothing you cannot get used to pretty quickly. If you are grabbing a board through the pro deal then the Anthem is going to be closet to the Burton Custom.
Even with my 12 size boot? Thanks.
snajper69 is offline  
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 05:32 PM
Veteran Member
 
AWNOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 716
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snajper69 View Post
Even with my 12 size boot? Thanks.
Yup, just snag the large.
AWNOW is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Senior Member
 
NYCboarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Staten island, NY
Posts: 673
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snajper69 View Post
This is my second sezone riding, and even though I am not that good at it I really enjoy spending time on the hill and learning something new every day. Last year I was riding on some older Burton Custom board (got it on sale 50% off) combined with Custom Bindings. I have nothing bad to say about Custom bindings and the board will be used this year as well little bit stiff but lots of fun any way. Any way one of the Forum members (car forum) is Rome rep and offer me some sick discount on new rome equipment and I just placed order for 2011 Targa, but the discounts are 50% off so I was thinking it would be nice to get a new board for that price as well. Any recomendations? Are the targa too much for a beginner? I have size 12 shoe. Thanks for any help.


Can he hook me up with a discount also? lol.. I want to get a pair of the bosses!
NYCboarder is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 06:10 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWNOW View Post
Targa's will be fine. They are somewhat stiff, but nothing you cannot get used to pretty quickly. If you are grabbing a board through the pro deal then the Anthem is going to be closest to the Burton Custom.
The Anthem is definitely stiffer than the Custom is now to the point where they are are not comparable. A more comparable board to the Custom is probably the Agent. The Custom has gotten softer over the years as people have migrated to softer freestyle/park boards while the Anthem is probably closer to what the Custom used to be when Rome was first created.
Petey is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Veteran Member
 
AWNOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 716
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snajper69 View Post
Last year I was riding on some older Burton Custom board
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey View Post
The Anthem is definitely stiffer than the Custom is now to the point where they are are not comparable. A more comparable board to the Custom is probably the Agent. The Custom has gotten softer over the years as people have migrated to softer freestyle/park boards while the Anthem is probably closer to what the Custom used to be when Rome was first created.


10 characters
AWNOW is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-14-2010, 07:14 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWNOW View Post
Targa's will be fine. They are somewhat stiff, but nothing you cannot get used to pretty quickly. If you are grabbing a board through the pro deal then the Anthem is going to be closest to the Burton Custom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snajper69 View Post
Even with my 12 size boot? Thanks.
I ment with regards to toe overhand and Anthem board I am size 12.
snajper69 is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member
 
AWNOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 716
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by snajper69 View Post
I ment with regards to toe overhand and Anthem board I am size 12.
If you are interested in the Anthem then get the Flag, it is just the wide version of the Anthem.
AWNOW is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-15-2010, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWNOW View Post
If you are interested in the Anthem then get the Flag, it is just the wide version of the Anthem.
Flag? I don't see one listed on their webside. Thanks.
snajper69 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome