Park/Jib binding - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
509Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Park/Jib binding

Yes I am new. Yes I searched for my answer. Now with that out of the way I will get to the heart of this post. (Sorry, coming from forums where bashing is constant)

I am in the market for a new park binding on my Lib Tech Skate Banana (I am thinking of maybe buying a new board at some point ) The choices I am looking at are Union Flite/Force, Rome 390 Boss, Ride Contraband, or Flux SF45. I don't want any of this one is the best, Sure tell me what you like but tell me why you like it. Pros and Cons
509Trevor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Veteran Member
 
Method's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Post Falls,ID
Posts: 622
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well I have the union force bindings and ride contrabands. I prefer my bindings to be really soft for jibbing so I use the contrabands for my jibstick.

Contraband
+ canted beds are comfy
+ overall soft flex
+ The contraband strap is a nice quick in and out setup if you hike features a lot

- I've actually snapped the contraband strap
- Isn't a simple bolt to board and ride binding, this is a shallow negative as most riders tend to tweak their bindings to fit their boot anyways but if you're lazy and don't usually tweak your bindings to fit your boot perfectly than don't expect these bindings to work for you because of the contrband strap you're going to need to do some pre-adjustments for your boot.
Method is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Junior Member
 
jonnybanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: saint cloud
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
pretty much anything union

i have the flites and yes they are pretty fuckin' lite
it hasnt snowed here yet so i wouldnt know how they do in the park
but they look sick and have a cool toe strap
jonnybanz is offline  
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
509Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 34
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Method View Post
Well I have the union force bindings and ride contrabands. I prefer my bindings to be really soft for jibbing so I use the contrabands for my jibstick.

Contraband
+ canted beds are comfy
+ overall soft flex
+ The contraband strap is a nice quick in and out setup if you hike features a lot

- I've actually snapped the contraband strap
- Isn't a simple bolt to board and ride binding, this is a shallow negative as most riders tend to tweak their bindings to fit their boot anyways but if you're lazy and don't usually tweak your bindings to fit your boot perfectly than don't expect these bindings to work for you because of the contrband strap you're going to need to do some pre-adjustments for your boot.
I wouldn't mind tuning my bindings so no biggie there. Did they send you a replacement strap or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybanz View Post
pretty much anything union

i have the flites and yes they are pretty fuckin' lite
it hasnt snowed here yet so i wouldnt know how they do in the park
but they look sick and have a cool toe strap
Have you strapped in at all? I am thinking about testing them out at my local shop, there are two here that deal ONLY unions. No one seems to sell Flux so i would have to order those.
509Trevor is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Veteran Member
 
Method's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Post Falls,ID
Posts: 622
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509Trevor View Post
I wouldn't mind tuning my bindings so no biggie there. Did they send you a replacement strap or something?

Just went down to a local shop and they had extras they gave me for free. I'm sure ride would have sent a replacement but the shop route was quicker.
Method is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2010, 09:04 PM
Junior Member
 
jonnybanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: saint cloud
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509Trevor View Post
I wouldn't mind tuning my bindings so no biggie there. Did they send you a replacement strap or something?



Have you strapped in at all? I am thinking about testing them out at my local shop, there are two here that deal ONLY unions. No one seems to sell Flux so i would have to order those.
i do alot of carpet boarding haha, they seem pretty forgiving, not super responsive. they are really adjustable to your feet. theres a review on shayboarder.com if your still looking into them
jonnybanz is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome