Cartels or CO2's for my Burton T6? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2010, 03:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Cartels or CO2's for my Burton T6?

Hey Folks,

I already know what the answer is going to be... but im a hurtin' university student, and would rather not blow a million bucks if i dont have to.

Current Set-up:
2007 Burton T6 w/ 3D binding mounting
2001 Burton Custom SI bindings/MOTO SI boots. (Yes, sucks, time to upgrade for sure, im killing my board and myself with these).

I am between the CO2's, Cartel's and still kind of wavering on the prophecy for my board. I know technically the CO2 is kind of made for the T6, but anything with straps will be an upgrade in control from my step ins. Although I would like a comfortable ride, im more interested in control of my board. Am I going to see an appreciable difference in my ride from the Cartels to the CO2's? (Or Prophecy?). I would really prefer to the get CO2's, but im wondering if the control difference between that and the Cartels is small, i may aswell save myself a load of cash and strap on some Cartels. And if I do go with CO2's... am I going to regret it?

Thanks, and Cheers! (And get ready for snow! WOOT!)

Chris

(AND Because pics always make a thread better... here are a few shots of my baby)

Last edited by CanadianBoarder; 11-09-2010 at 03:50 AM.
CanadianBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2010, 09:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have ridden the T6 with P1 bindings typically. If you are more into carving fast steep big mountain groomers go with the CO2s as they are a stiff bindings which whill give you a quicker response. However if you like jumping into varying terrain the Cartels would do just fine.
gjsnowboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

I guess I should have mentioned that, indeed, my riding (and about 90% of it or more) is big mountain + carving. I'll cruise through moguls on the rare occasion and pow whenever I can get it.

Thanks for your suggestion. Keep 'em coming!

Cheers,

Chris
CanadianBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote