Ride EX Coming unbound while riding, not releasing at rest!
hey guys, I am very very new to snowboarding (Going on my 10th week, probably 15-20 trips to the mountain) and I picked up a pair of Ride EX bindings. I have been having a lot of problems with them. For starters my right toe binding (only right foot) is coming unbound while I am going down the hill. Maybe 1 or 2 full ratchets unbound. It doesn't always do this, only sometimes. I have never been able to replicate the problem while testing the binding.
Second, sometimes I cant get either of the ratchets (right foot again) to come off. No matter how hard I pull, I cant get them to release. What I typically have to do is ratchet it down a click or two, then try to release (80% of the time this works) the other 20% of the time I have to release the non ratcheting side releasing all the pressure from the ratchet then it releases.
I do not feel that I could have the binding any looser and still be comfortable going down the hill.
Any thoughts or suggestions? Is this normal? (Girlfriend is also very new, has a pair of Burton bindings and is having no problems at all)