Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/)
-   -   stiff binders (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/35974-stiff-binders.html)

outlyr 01-17-2011 07:55 AM

stiff binders
 
I rolled my ankle last week landing flat in my TT30's and blamed it on the highbacks. So I went looking for medium-stiff to stiff bindings with toecaps, rigid highbacks and ample cushioning, suitable for bombing and jumping and haven't had much luck. Any suggestions?

baldylox 01-17-2011 08:10 AM

I like my Catek FR2 Pros. They are ultra stiff, however they lack a toe-cap and are fairly heavy.

How exactly could the highback be responsible for rolling your ankle? That says boot / you to me.

TLN 01-17-2011 08:28 AM

I think FR2 is uberstiff, and overkill, if he doesn't told anything about alpine style, carving, and etc..

@outlyr: look at Ride NRC, Ride Spi, Ride CAD. May be Nidecker 900, or union force mc(they don't cost $400, but with discounts). I got CAD's for $120 as new, and reeeealy happy with em(on an elevators) =)

outlyr 01-17-2011 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cifex (Post 359771)
I like my Catek FR2 Pros. They are ultra stiff, however they lack a toe-cap and are fairly heavy.

How exactly could the highback be responsible for rolling your ankle? That says boot / you to me.

I blame it on the TT30 highbacks because they are noticeably smaller than those of my Malavita's. Although Malavita's are also considered park binders they provide better support, as far as I am concerned. But I suppose it could very well be my boots. I have noticed that my Ride Deuce's are packing-out after only five days of use, while the length has remained snug.

outlyr 01-17-2011 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLN (Post 359775)
I think FR2 is uberstiff, and overkill, if he doesn't told anything about alpine style, carving, and etc..

@outlyr: look at Ride NRC, Ride Spi, Ride CAD. May be Nidecker 900, or union force mc(they don't cost $400, but with discounts). I got CAD's for $120 as new, and reeeealy happy with em(on an elevators) =)

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Nivek 01-17-2011 07:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rolling your ankle has nothing to do with the highback. Straps at the most but really just the boot. the Deuce is a softer park boot and laces have give. TT30's are great bindings. Just get some stiffer boots if you're that worried, stiffer with BOA. Cables don't give.

Also on a landing that can torque your ankle, your just gonna torque your ankle. That's part of snowboarding, if you land wrong you're gonna hurt yourself.

If you really want new bindings, Look at Ride Alpha's, and the higher end Flow Stuff. NXT. They are stiff and that big strap is really supportive. The day they put cant into their bindings I will convert 100%.

svwannabe 01-17-2011 09:12 PM

I have some Ride SPi's, i like them. Canted foot beds, super stiff and responsive

outlyr 01-18-2011 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 360140)
Rolling your ankle has nothing to do with the highback. Straps at the most but really just the boot. the Deuce is a softer park boot and laces have give. TT30's are great bindings. Just get some stiffer boots if you're that worried, stiffer with BOA. Cables don't give.

Also on a landing that can torque your ankle, your just gonna torque your ankle. That's part of snowboarding, if you land wrong you're gonna hurt yourself.

If you really want new bindings, Look at Ride Alpha's, and the higher end Flow Stuff. NXT. They are stiff and that big strap is really supportive. The day they put cant into their bindings I will convert 100%.

Thanks Nivek, Ride Alpha's seem to be just what I am looking for. I suppose any binding with an Aluminum chassis will be stiffer than those made of composites. I'm a big fan of the canted footbeds as well, it's one of the reasons why I favor Malavita's over TT30's. I looked around for replacement/canted footbeds for my TT30's and haven't had any luck. Are they available or are there any options for converting existing, flats to canted footbeds?

Leo 01-18-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nivek (Post 360140)
If you really want new bindings, Look at Ride Alpha's, and the higher end Flow Stuff. NXT. They are stiff and that big strap is really supportive. The day they put cant into their bindings I will convert 100%.

I have wondered this for the past couple of seasons. I swear, with how comfortable Flows are right now, with canted footbeds... Butta baby!

outlyr 01-18-2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo (Post 360434)
I have wondered this for the past couple of seasons. I swear, with how comfortable Flows are right now, with canted footbeds... Butta baby!

Have you ever had any problems with the reclining highbacks? Do you think the I-straps are an improvement over top-caps?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2